Unreal Texture UT site and S3TC releases

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raynor.Z

Ad Nocendum Potentes Sumus
Feb 1, 2006
To be totally honest, UT3's Face sucks big time compared to this :eek:

Attachments

• FacingWorlds2.jpg
    FacingWorlds2.jpg
    969.1 KB · Views: 71

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
^^Agreed, I wasn't impressed with UT3's version of Face. That texture looks so good on that Earth in the sky, that I'm going to keep the UTRP version of XbpFX.utx and scrap both DM-Phobos and DOM-MetalDream from my LAN servers map lists. I play CTF-Face a lot more than both of those maps.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Hmm, additional GByte or so... But when we have ~200, who cares. Might try that. Oh, and why sometimes you can't see OldSkool's models from the user computer? Same goes for Redeemer2K4 from Wormbo? They didn't have the Serverpackages= line, but I've added it and it still won't show up.

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
Here's another good shot of that Phobos moon, but this isn't from DM-Phobos. This is from CTF-Phobos][ made by Cory Spooner and unlike DM-Phobos, there is no skating bots when played in server mode using the UTRP texture packs on the client side. You can download the map here:

http://nalicity.beyondunreal.com/map_hub.php?mid=5836

[SCREENSHOT]http://www.brdempsey69.com/phobos.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Protos

Jan 23, 2008
Downloading now, thanks.

All I need now is a version of GrendelKeep that wont crash :rolleyes:

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
DM-1on1SmallMountain [NL]
^^Agreed, I wasn't impressed with UT3's version of Face. That texture looks so good on that Earth in the sky, that I'm going to keep the UTRP version of XbpFX.utx and scrap both DM-Phobos and DOM-MetalDream from my LAN servers map lists. I play CTF-Face a lot more than both of those maps.

XbpFX.utx isnt in the package anymore.
can u share yours mate ?
ill know the bugs of it, but i prefer better looks :D

Edit, downloading the XbpFX.utx package from the site, and will see ;)

Last edited:

brdempsey69

Original UT Owns !!
Jun 19, 2003
Visit site
XbpFX.utx isnt in the package anymore.
can u share yours mate ?
ill know the bugs of it, but i prefer better looks :D

I have the next couple of days off and I'm going to continue to see if I can't fix DM-MetalDream & DM-Phobos.

I opened CTF-Phobos][ in the editor and noted what textures it was calling on from the XbpFX.utx package and it doesn't call on the textures Inxs1 through Inxs4 which DOM-MetalDream and DM-Phobos do, so I need to see if I can do a workaround on that.

Give me a couple of days to work with it, because if I'm successful, then people can continue to use the UTRP XbpFX.utx pack. Those Moon and Earth textures look too good to be without.

Last edited:

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Great

This is great and I'm watching it closely. S3TC textures have always been near and dear to me so seeing more of them work successfully online and no skating bots means that this is certainly going in a good direction.

Make sure everybody checks in with Diehard and maintain "his" file naming conventions. Let's keep away from the file mismatch errors too while this is underway.

I have not downloaded or tested this yet but I will soon and I'm as anxious as all of you. Great work people!

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
I have the next couple of days off and I'm going to continue to see if I can't fix DM-MetalDream & DM-Phobos.

I opened CTF-Phobos][ in the editor and noted what textures it was calling on from the XbpFX.utx package and it doesn't call on the textures Inxs1 through Inxs4 which DOM-MetalDream and DM-Phobos do, so I need to see if I can do a workaround on that.

Give me a couple of days to work with it, because if I'm successful, then people can continue to use the UTRP XbpFX.utx pack. Those Moon and Earth textures look too good to be without.

true, totally agree with that, it amazes me now every time when i start UT.
its kinda ashame if we dont use XbpFX.utx then.. cause it makes those planets look so good.. so if someone can fix the bugs out of it it would be great. i would help if i could, only i dont know anything about UED.. :(

Diehard

Keep in mind i did not add XbpFX.utx to the masterfiles(yet) because it could lead to errors. It is however downloadable in the section for the individual downloads and of course through the Texture Database. Though i still need to place a remark about the error on those pages.

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Putting these files on filefront might be a good idea.

iSenSe

on it!
Jan 20, 2008
yep idd, iam gonna upload the whole pack ( with the package xbpFX.utx and the others ) somewhere.. i know the XbpFX.utx gives errors, only they have to live with it :p
that package makes a whole lot of difference.

I might set up a FTP Server with all populair mods, and tweaks and stuff for BUF
with an account and password :D

Protos

Jan 23, 2008
System specs are in the middle of the two shots. Not really an awesome rig more like medium-mediumlow. The textures don't give extra speed, they just give awesome visuals.

You can find the open gl config used in this test, in the Open GL 3.4 thread

shot0054od9.png

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Is that because of a awesome system you may have or because of these new textures and such?
Is this a serious post?

It's no more than a base should anyone else be curious to benchmark the flyby with the hi-res textures that level provides.

Btw, the buf flyby benchmark thread was a sticky for years, and this medium-mediumlow thing held 'the record' for two or more of them iirc. I could recreate the olde flyby, of course, but it hardly taxes newer graphics adapters. Those examples were run at the highest resolution this monitor can manage(maybe I can increase the GAME's resolution) as well as the highest visuals that my graphics adapter can possibly provide. Since I'm getting the 3850 soon, it will be a reliable indicator of how much a GPU can affect these (limited) S3TC results in UT. If someone could create a more texture-intense flyby and make it available for download...?

///Completely aside from that, I run Bioshock at 1280x960 with no lag. Not even a momentary hitch. Crysis runs at about 5-10fps @ 800x600 with DX10 settings enabled, and with no FSAA. 3DMark '05 is 10082. This is ONLY provided as a COMPARISON, not as fodder for a pissing contest. Just to make that clear.

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Benchmarking shouldn't be only done with flybys. Like UT2003 benchmarking tool, you should use flyby (a few better) and also a botmatch (a few better). In botmatches you'll see that your FPS will drop a lot!

Hermskii

www.Hermskii.com
Apr 13, 2003
Houston
Hermskii.com
Yes

Yes I was being serous with the post. I know the old thread that listed peeps scores. I have a much older system than yours and never got average FPS like your score. That was why I asked. Thanks the the explanation.

Lynxx

Jul 2, 2000
Visit site
Benchmarking shouldn't be only done with flybys. Like UT2003 benchmarking tool, you should use flyby (a few better) and also a botmatch (a few better). In botmatches you'll see that your FPS will drop a lot!
A botmatch draws upon the AI. The CPU. Textures draw upon the GPU, and that's what our present interest is.