I plotted out the world in Unreal

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arcturus

Not From Bloody Starcraft
Jan 23, 2000
Totally Not Korhal IV
I have too much time on my hands, so I worked out the route you take in unreal by matching all the entrances and exits.
RD5aKoz.png

CLICK FOR BIG

The first few levels seem to overlap in an impossible way, which is unfortunate, but after harobed village or so it seems to all work out ok.
I dunno, just thought some of you guys might be interested.

EDIT EDIT: Added Return to Na Pali
EDIT: I remade the map to be bigger, clearer and fix a few rotation issues, and to actually have all the levels in it. Enjoy or something!

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Interesting work - thanks.

Looking at the relative size of Nyleve Falls and Sunspire I am struck by the thought that when I emerged, blinking, into the sunlight at Nyleve, I couldn't believe how big the world was compared to what I had seen before - and then there was Sunspire!

AlCapowned

Jan 20, 2010
I remember one site had screenshots of the maps from above and linked them together, but I don't think it was ever this complete. Very cool. :tup:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I have too much time on my hands, so I worked out the route you take in unreal by matching all the entrances and exits.
2qLsMOR.png

The first few levels seem to overlap in an impossible way, which is unfortunate, but after harobed village or so it seems to all work out ok.
I dunno, just thought some of you guys might be interested.
They overlap in impossible way, because originally they were part of a hub. Passage was joined with Nyleve at the back of the box room near rrajigar mine acess. There was also the boiler room which was cut and above was the part of the beginning of dark arena, so ceremony ended up in about the same spot too. When they decided to make it one linear game all of this wasn't considered anymore. But this is the explanation why it overlaps in such odd way.

dinwitty

DeRegistered User
Nov 10, 1999
midwest,USA
www.qtm.net
I combined the ISV Kran maps, or tried to...it was just...too big. But they did fit perfectly..just about.

playing this game the first time after beating the Titan first time in Dark Arena...I said OK Game over, Boss dead.....uhhmmmmm...thegameisstillgoing.....

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I combined the ISV Kran maps, or tried to...it was just...too big. But they did fit perfectly..just about.

playing this game the first time after beating the Titan first time in Dark Arena...I said OK Game over, Boss dead.....uhhmmmmm...thegameisstillgoing.....
Funny enough, that was the end of the game in the "Special Edition" shareware release.

Freddie

Mar 21, 2008
Arlington, Virginia
Arcturus,

That plot of Unreal maps would make a great poster suitable for framing, maybe about 18" X 24" to hang on the wall. It would be nice if some enterprising individual would make such a picture available for sale, printed up like a poster.

Freddie