Unreal Editor 3 Glitch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kuyaaa

Aug 13, 2011
Whenever I try to play a map I created in the editor, the blocks I create show up as complete black! I also move through static meshes and can't use the S and E key to move. Worst of all, whenever I look somewhere the static mesh that I saw originally looks like windows on a computer do sometimes when you move them, they sort of copy themselves where ever they move!
Does anyone have any idea what's wrong? :eek:

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
First of all, there's a dedicated mapping forum further down the main forum list.

Your problem could have several reasons, but I guess you used transparent textures on your walls or declared them as fake backdrop. What you see is called "hall of mirrors" (HOM) effect and happens whenever your map is set up in a way that lets you see into the solid space outside your map.