UE1 - UT Challenge

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

irridium77

May 10, 2008
heya,,
this is a request for an embedded mutator. i Have no idea of coding but i'm willing to learn it..

My Goal: Create a new bunnytrack type

I would start by making a bt map, that has obstacles you have to complete with other guns then the standard instagib rifle.

example:
Tricks with impacthammer
long range sniper shooting
rocket boosts
etc etc ;)

So basiclly what i need is: A mutator that enables the use of other guns, by overriding the bunnytrack mod. It has to disable self damage by guns, but it can't affect the damage from falling or sliming. It would be nice if I could embed this into the MyLevel of my map.

All help is very welcome
cheers irridium

Zur

surrealistic mad cow
Jul 8, 2002
Nice idea but UT1's weapons and physics don't allow for the same flexibility as UT2004 or Quake3.

Anyway, since this is the coding and not a request forum, a start would be to find out how to export the code of the BunnyTrack gametype and figure out at what point players are being given the instagib rifle.

Last edited:

War_Master

May 27, 2005
Here's the script for embedding a mutator in a map EmbedMutator. That script shows you how to replace a weapon with another but what you need to do is replace the gametype's DefaultWeapon with the mutator's DefaultWeapon. What you're looking for in this case is to cancel the Arena mutator that the server runs, and for that you need to tell the mutator to find the arena parent class and Destroy() it.

For the no-selfdamage script, that one is very easy and you can find it in many mods that prevent damage (like UTJMH). Using the MutatorTakeDamage function you can prevent self-damaging but with the slightess wrong script, it can complicate your game and give you AccessNones.

Btw, the first and only time I played BT was in a server where all maps were translocator tricks to finish it. That server was extremely fun compared to normal BT. After a couple weeks I had to re-install UT and lost the server and couldnt find it anymore. I do understand what you are trying to do and it sure does sound fun because it will be something different from the rest. So, keep it up and make that map you want to make and post a link of it here so we can try it out once its done or if you need a test run. GL.

Last edited: