UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
LOL. Fuzz, I don't think I have you in my friends list. I want to frag deh bunneh.

F1ak

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
As opposed to just about any other Unreal game that - wait for it - DID EXACTLY THE SAME?

np: The Qemists - Swag (Join The Q)

as opposed to the Unreal-editor itself which can do real previews ? ;)
// ---
You guys find the stupidest crap to complain about.
hey ... why else visit a forum for a game we don't really want to like ;)

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Just before I do something stupid, can I confirm that it's against the rules to ask for/post a download link? The only reason I ask is that the original post seemed almost intentionally vague lol

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
It's a semi-public test. You can ask, but you won't get links to it here :)

Beelzebud (Satanas)

Jul 15, 2003
That's it ? No live preview ? No feedback ? Just tweaking a magic number and praying to a machinegod that it actually does anything ?

What game has a live preview for advanced graphical settings?

I'm all for complaining about problems, but as others have said, this is just nitpicking for stuff that other games, including previous UT games, never had.

TheIronKnuckle

What the hell is this "ballin" thing?
Its is, trust me, ive been testing since this one appears in the scene for more than a week tho, and so far i saw mayor improvements not only in the menu and options, more easy to get what you want and do in the game.

For an example, the weapon damage has increased in the enforcers, the beam of the link gun (in the past toke me forever to kill someone with the beam of this weapon, i was considering the ammo was very weak because of that, but, with the patch LOOK OUT is extremely dangerous with the 2 buttons pushed on the mouse to increase the fire rate damage!!!) , the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, close shots are a huge wave of blood in your screen, the shock rifle secondary shot (the energy sphere) is a bit quicker than before, and so on.

I m really happy that the huge pack is coming ! see u online!;)

Oh my goddamn ****ing god! I hope you're not kidding. Part of my frustration with this game is the fact that the enforcers suck, the link gun is weak, and i can;t hit anyone with the flak when i get too close.

But the biggest thing for me, "the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, "
If you are not lying then i reckon UT3 instantly became more fun for me.
I used to be a real flak monkey in all the other unreal's, but come ut3 and i can't hit ****. OMGOMGOMG

Miker

Master Mullet
Its is, trust me, ive been testing since this one appears in the scene for more than a week tho, and so far i saw mayor improvements not only in the menu and options, more easy to get what you want and do in the game.

For an example, the weapon damage has increased in the enforcers, the beam of the link gun (in the past toke me forever to kill someone with the beam of this weapon, i was considering the ammo was very weak because of that, but, with the patch LOOK OUT is extremely dangerous with the 2 buttons pushed on the mouse to increase the fire rate damage!!!) , the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, close shots are a huge wave of blood in your screen, the shock rifle secondary shot (the energy sphere) is a bit quicker than before, and so on.

lol wut

Pretty sure the changelog didn't say anything weapon tweaks.

HarleyKing

Road Killa'
Feb 2, 2009
Liandri
I'd like to know how they really improved AI in vehicle gametypes. Does anyone know if bots still do that crazy dog walk when you hook on their vehicles? When I'm carring the orb, I avoid taking a ride since they simply can't take you to any friggin' node without first driving randomly and slaping you against every ledge and wall they can.. very annoying.
come on, anyone with some feedback about this issue?

the improved character lighting actually made my jaw drop
I think this kind of changes are more important to discuss that that UI aesthetics thing. They didn't modify the menus layout, darn it! that's terrible enough to get over it and move on to another aspects of the patch.
Btw, I'm exited about this graphics improvements, could you make some screenshot comparison?

Wow, is this guy right? ... are you saying the link gun has two fire modes on secondary attack? flak cannon shots are more "accurate"? If you're right I believe we got some serious gameplay changes that haven't been mentioned in any preview to date.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I actually ask because I found a public link and I was wondering if I'd be allowed to share it.
The reason they don't make these patches openly available is so they don't have to deal with support issues from random people who download the patch and wonder why their game doesn't work anymore. So you shouldn't try to post links publicly (But i'm sure some people's PM boxes wouldnt mind... ahem.)

That's because there weren't any. D:
Didn't think so :p The tip off is the push 2 mouse buttons thing on the link gun, because no such thing exists to my knowldge.

Last edited:

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
The reason they don't make these patches openly available is so they don't have to deal with support issues from random people who download the patch and wonder why their game doesn't work anymore. So you shouldn't try to post links publicly (But i'm sure some people's PM boxes wouldnt mind... ahem.)

Fair enough. That being said, it didn't take me long to find the patch with google. Patch is great, I recommend you try it if you can find it, and refrain from bugging Epic about it for the time being :p

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
Oh my goddamn ****ing god! I hope you're not kidding. Part of my frustration with this game is the fact that the enforcers suck, the link gun is weak, and i can;t hit anyone with the flak when i get too close.

But the biggest thing for me, "the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, "
If you are not lying then i reckon UT3 instantly became more fun for me.
I used to be a real flak monkey in all the other unreal's, but come ut3 and i can't hit ****. OMGOMGOMG

Man, my main weapon is the FLAK CANNON and believe me is very POWERFUL NOW ;) , someone spoke before about the link gun beam damage, if u didnt notice before even without the patch you can just pressing both buttons while FIRST with the normal secondary is shooting, look very carefully the BEAM increase the damage and the color change, but careful, the ammunition is running low more faster than usual thats the con.

someguy_99

Sep 7, 2001
Canada
Visit site
Man, my main weapon is the FLAK CANNON and believe me is very POWERFUL NOW ;) , someone spoke before about the link gun beam damage, if u didnt notice before even without the patch you can just pressing both buttons while FIRST with the normal secondary is shooting, look very carefully the BEAM increase the damage and the color change, but careful, the ammunition is running low more faster than usual thats the con.

Sorry, but this is simply incorrect. I just tried it. The enforcers seem unchanged as well.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Some good news, I thought it might but the menu changes don't break mapmixer in any way. There's a new mod settings button in the settings menu that appears to allow for modders to add a configuration dialog for stuff.