So, what happened to the patch?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
in some dark places i've seen liks to the beta4, i even downloaded it and almost installed it, but dunno, i havent seen an official changelog for beta4 so...

Unknown Target

Jan 22, 2008
Like I said in another thread, one of the requirements for MSUC is that it works with the latest version of UT, so we probably won't see the patch released until after the contest is over, to avoid the possibility of breaking some people's mods.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Like I said in another thread, one of the requirements for MSUC is that it works with the latest version of UT, so we probably won't see the patch released until after the contest is over, to avoid the possibility of breaking some people's mods.
This doesn't even make sense, unless you think the next patch is over a year out.

Grasshopper

Jan 21, 2008
Upstate NY

This way the contest winner's mod may be useless after the patch. Sounds a little weird to me.

WarTourist

Jan 22, 2008
Beta 5 released. As soon as we get a clean bill of health from the mailing lists, it'll be released as official.

This doesn't even make sense, unless you think the next patch is over a year out.

No idea about where the "no patches until 2009" (when the contest ends) stuff is coming from. Not us.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
This thread could go the same way as a thread I saw on the Eltanin Antenna on a forum some place (possible the Above Top Secret forums - they are all conspiracy nuts).

On page 5 or 6 of the thread a marine biologist posted that the "antenna" was nothing more than a deep sea sponge.

The thread was still going strong with crazy theories and crackpot absurdities 60 odd pages later.

pine

Official Photography Thread Appreciator
Apr 29, 2001
IRL
Visit site
This thread could go the same way as a thread I saw on the Eltanin Antenna on a forum some place (possible the Above Top Secret forums - they are all conspiracy nuts).

On page 5 or 6 of the thread a marine biologist posted that the "antenna" was nothing more than a deep sea sponge.

The thread was still going strong with crazy theories and crackpot absurdities 60 odd pages later.

Sadly, not enough people care about UT3 anymore to generate that kind of furor.

An official release for 1.3 would be nice though.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Sadly, not enough people care about UT3 anymore to generate that kind of furor.

An official release for 1.3 would be nice though.
Like Wormbo said, there was a serious flaw in the netcode that allowed something really bad to happen. I didn't think they'd release the patch without fixing that first.

NoData

May 17, 2008
A major flaw was found in UT3 network code that needs to be fixed, so the patch was delayed.
Someone realize that GameSpy was teh problem and you decided to drop them? :lol:

On a serious note, good to ear that the next patch is close to release. Keep on good work! :)

ne_skaju

lost and found
Jan 21, 2008
Izvarino
Like Wormbo said, there was a serious flaw in the netcode that allowed something really bad to happen. I didn't think they'd release the patch without fixing that first.

Will it at least fix impact hammer jumping and fast travel movers in network games?

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Beta 5 released. As soon as we get a clean bill of health from the mailing lists, it'll be released as official.

No idea about where the "no patches until 2009" (when the contest ends) stuff is coming from. Not us.

That's the post of the month right there, guys.