Blocking botpaths through a volume

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Hi all,

I am making a UT2004 DM map with instant-kill "laser" fences - these are implemented using modified lava volumes and emitters.

Bots have a tendency to just run through the fence without any regard. I have already tried setting bPathCollide=true on the volumes, but it just doesn't seem to work. I have considered proscribed paths, but with the number of paths going through each fence, but implementing them has been a royal pain.

Is there any easy way to block botpaths through a volume?

Last edited:

JohnnySix

Caffienated Haemoglobin
Apr 6, 2002
England
planetunreal.com
Is there an equivilent of a fearspot?, that or an invisible static mesh perhaps?

in Advanced properties set it bHidden=True

and under collision, set everything to false, except paths.

Might work. :)?

Enfyrneaux

Apr 4, 2002
Later this afternoon
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I did try adding in an invisible static mesh, but it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Upon more observation of the bots, I found that they only run through the fence while fighting/dodging. While navigating the map, they tend to avoid the fences.

ReD_Fist

Sep 6, 2004
Michigan
all I can think of is the fearspot

But now tell me,why are my bots jumping off of 4000 unit pillars,no paths connected ,they just fricking jump,no railing on this pillar wich is about 700 units accros.bots on skilled,ut2004,

this same thing happened in ut,no path,but they jump a loooooooooooong waaaaaaay down,and get hurt or die.
You get up on the pillar from a teleporter wich they use normaly,but when they get to the edge of the pillar they jump,seems it's not weapons,it's just to go shoot other bots cause they allready have there items.I just don't get it,
4000 units,,,splat but they just don't care hehe.