Vechicles

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rooster128

L337 Reincarnated Wool Sock +5
Jul 1, 2004
really? loads for me.... i guess photobucket servers were down during that time or something.

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
awesome. :)

I was thinking about how something like this could be scripted. Man, I wish I had the Tribes 2 code... But no big deal. I think a part of the technique would be to make the whole underbelly on the vehicle karma, and have it force off the ground somehow.

spec_x

DA2 Project Lead/Level Designer
Dec 10, 2002
Redmond, WA
Physics from the manta would be close enough really, with some tweaking it could get what you're looking for

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
Hurm... possibly, spec. But I think that would make it seem a bit odd. The manta is supposed to stay upright all the time, while the idea I had of a hoverbike is that it meshes with the terrain, and you can lean it on its sides, much like you would lean a crotchrocket into a turn.

If you want to see a good example of what I'm thinking of, right in UT2k4, goto google and type in "Turbo Joust UT2k4" and find their website, and download the mod, and try it out in the game. This is essentially what I was thinking about. Not exactly Tribes 2 style, but it fits the cut. (Turbojoust is addictive too, for a mindless grappling game :D I do suggest getting a group of people together to goof off in a Turbojoust server, bwhahaha)

I have concepts made for a dropship now, which I will hopefully have up sometime soon. Again, it's only an idea of mine, a rough sketch if you will.

It would be cool if several monthes from now when DAII is underway, if we unleashed a new addition onto the mod called "DAII:SB" (Strike-back). In it, the human militants would be featured striking back against the invading aliens, trying to wipe them off the planet. The marines would suit up, get in a bunch of dropships, land down at a bunch of alien outposts, and unleash hell. The goal; kill every single last creature to be found in the lair. This could be done in a Counter-Strike like style, with a bomb you have to lay and detonate (but you'd have to get out of the whole base before you explode it), or it could be done in a manner similiar to regular DA where you have to survive through many monster waves, and at the end, the remaining surviving aliens run away like cowards. Again, SB is just an idea I have. I have many of these. But I do not have the authority to push any of these on you (obviously) because I myself am inferior and cannot compare to such a beautiful band of people we have going here.

Alright, enough with me. I'll unleash the concepts soon.

Rooster128

Jul 1, 2004
hoverbikewip1.jpg

It's coming to life. Whoopie to me and my ub3r modeling skills

/sarcasm mode off