UE3 - UT3 Help With Publishing

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Knightterror

Aug 9, 2012
Dear Community,

I recently published a map and it was saved in the published folder succesfully. I was then able to play with the map in Uneral Tournament but about a quarter of the textures were missing (and had been replaced by the default BSP checkerboard pattern). Any idea on why this would happen.
I re-checked the map in the editor and the textures were there...so its only when I publish due they dissapear.

Thanks in advance,
Knightterror

Odedge

Keeper of Tutorials
May 26, 2009
www.odedge.com
Did you save the textures in a separate .upk file? If yes, then you need to cook that and place that with the map (though I have never done this myself).

For stand alone maps, it's customary to include as many assets as possible, with in the map itself.

Knightterror

Aug 9, 2012
I actually didnt use any textures I had developed myself and I did not edit any of Unreal's textures either. I'm not sure what the problem is but i've changed the materials that weren't working and im gonna try it out now.

Thanks for the reply

Knightterror

Aug 9, 2012
Yeah, just an update, it's working now with new textures. Not sure what the problem was but its been resolved.
Oh and btw Im hosting a server with my new team deathamtch map so If youd like come join me in about half an hour!