Is it possible for an AGP slot to fry a video card?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Mechadon123

Jan 21, 2008
Miami
Well ive had this same motherboard for about a year or two, used to have a Geforce4 MX4000 128MB and bought a x1650 Pro 256MB along the way.

The problem started when i was cleaning out the dust from my Radeon and maybe the fan got unhinged somehow, but turnes out, the fan itself overheated, and wouldnt spin, but the card still worked. I ran my OS and everything; now i woulda thought thats why that card fried.

When that card fried, i thought i would be able to use my GeForce as a backup, but it too fried, and it doesnt even have a fan.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
Well, AGP can be burned, but only when using very old AGP (3.3V ones) vidocards on newer motherboards with 1.5V AGP. And your older GF4 MX4000 is AGP4 at least. Also, there's a chance there could have been a static discharge when you did the cleaning.

Last edited: