ut2004, Linux, Unplayable with newest xorg-server

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

billydv

Jan 30, 2008
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the best place to post problems with this game for linux users, if there is a forum more specific to linux, please let me know.

I run gentoo x86 and have ut2004 emerged via portage, it ran great until the xorg-server 1.4 series cane along, now its unplayable because when I start the game the mouse tends to want to pull to one side and doesn't react properly to my movements. I don't know what could be causing this but if anyone has any clues on who to begin troubleshooting this, please let me know.
Thanks

Neon_Knight

Mar 2, 2009
Argentina
Late answer, but this workaround should serve to someone:

1) Go to $HOME/.ut2004/System.
2) Open UnrealTournament.ini.
3) Search for every string called CaptureMouse.
4) Change it (them) to True.

The only side effect is that you won't be able to go to the desktop unless you exit from the game, but that's better than nothing.

billydv

Jan 30, 2008
This had been a problem with one of the xorg modules that has long been resolved but thanks anyway.