Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Nope! You?
Yes!
it's much better than the movie imo.
this isn't to say that the movie is not good, but it's pretty different from the book.

in the original story, the town these people lived in (a town called "Chewandswallow") already had weather that consisted of food, it was natural. in the movie, the guy invents some machine and fires it way up in the air and that is what creates the food-weather. I thought that was dumb, I dunno why they couldn't keep the plot like it was to begin with.

cloudy.jpg

CLOUDY%20WITH%20A%20CHANCE%20OF%20MEATBALLS-IN.jpg

il_430xN.52494531.jpg

such a great, great book for children.
it really gets your imagination going.

Twisted Metal

Anfractuous Aluminum
Jul 28, 2001
Long Island, NY
I don't think it would be much of a movie if it followed the book. Can you really drag out 90 minutes of natural food storms with no plot backing it?

I thought the plot was fun and meaningful.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Can you really drag out 90 minutes of natural food storms with no plot backing it?
lol.
ok I guess I should have recited the entire book.
a lot more happens in the original story than just natural food storms.

there IS a plot backing it.
the townspeople run into trouble when weather begins to act like a hurricane or a tornado or what have you. they have to come together to figure out how to rectify the problem before it consumes their town.

this is the reason I said that I dunno why they couldn't stick to the book.
because it's the same thing. the falling food begins to get bigger and bigger, falls harder and more often, and everyone begins to think OMG APOCALYPSE!
the only difference is that the movie has some guy create a device which magically generates the food. I just thought that was dumb. it's not like the book doesn't have a major plot dilemma and lots of action. it just comes from a different source.

food.jpg

Last edited:

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
Banlieue 13 (District 13) 6/10

Near-future efficient French thriller meets ill-matched buddy movie meets wire-fu'd free running and a novel French Government solution to inner city problems. There's not much character development and the plot plausibility factor isn't too high but the action is fun and well-done and the tension often high.

M.A.D.X.W

Aug 24, 2008
^Wow I saw that last night too.
I thought it was fairly OK, at the start - then it got worse-ish as it went on.
Good though.

Iron Archer

Holy ****ing King of Trolls
Mar 23, 2000
Obamaland
The Last Samurai - 8/10

To be a samurai...
Anyone know of any other movies like this that have that Eastern, or Samurai theme?

I used to watch the Lone Wolf and Cub tv series when I lived in Italy. It's a shame that the US never tried to air something like that.

Lruce Bee

Transcending to another level
May 3, 2001
Sherwood Forest
Star Trek (the new one) - 6/10
Decent visuals but absolutely no story whatsoever.
Characters were cool, particularly Spock and Dr McCoy but a movie with so little substance instantly becomes fail.
Overrated.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
The Unborn - 2/10

This movie was rated so high because it had a very nice ass in it. It also offered very original horror movie cliche's like, Scary children starring at you from across the street, or instant screaming faces, which just scream! By golly it's horrific!

The Boondocks Saints - 8/10

Now this is a good movie. I've heard soooo god damned much about it, but I've never had the chance to watch it, until now. I wasn't disapointed at all. The characters were brilliant, aswell as the action. Just an all around great movie.