Help please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TalonStryk

Deranged Maniac
Mar 26, 2001
USA
Visit site
im just learning how to write code and cant figure out why i keep getting this error when i try to compile it with UED2, heres it is:
/==============================================
// RedeemerArena.
//=============================================
class RedeemerArena expands Arena;

defaultproperties
{
WeaponName=WarheadLauncher
AmmoName=WarheadAmmo
WeaponString="Botpack.WarheadLauncher"
AmmoString="Botpack.WarheadAmmo"
DefaultWeapon=Class'Botpack.WarheadLauncher'
}

The error i get is: unexpected 'defaultproperties' in line 6

When i compile it with UCC.exe i get no errors and after i write the int and try to run is there is a blank spot at the top of the mutator list and my mutator isnt listed. The "noname" mutator has no effect. Here is the int file:

[Public]
Object=(Name=RedeemerArena.RedeemerArena,Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Mutator,Discription="RedeemerArena, All Out Nuclear War by TalonStryk.")

Papapishu

我是康
Jun 18, 2001
void
www.vovoid.com
It's all spelling errors...
The code problem:
I can't explain exactly why or what makes the compiler scream about defaultproperties, but it's rather complicated so the real problem can be something else like:
Code:
You have only one slash here, so the compiler don't take it as a comment...
||
||
\/
/============================================== 
// RedeemerArena. 
//=============================================

tip: If it sometimes cry out "missing ';' on line 6" then you should look at the end of line 5 instead... since the compiler don't think the line ends if you don't have the ; there so it continues to line 6 and complains...
You get to know these behaviours after a while... :)

The INT problem: Description is spelled Discription.
UT don't understand what you mean by Discription so it ignores it...

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
No worries, syntax errors have to be the most common error for any programming language. Makes you wonder why we don't have smart-compilers that would auto-correct simple mistakes like this. :)

mr.s-d

CHiMERiC Moderator
Aug 30, 2001
UK
www.unrealscript.com
Ada generates helpful error messages, especially when you mistype things. It'll tell you something like "unknown function getlien, maybe a mis-spelling of getline". Other than that it's a horrible horrible language. Not that it bears any relevance to UScript programming...