So, there I was...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
sitting in front of my computer. My desk. The monitor. And the keyboard and mouse shouldn't be left out, or they'll hate me for it. Untill the end of days.

I was about to finish my chinese take-away dinner. I was drinking a glass of Coca cola! The life of a true adventurer. On the edge of sanity.

My hands touched the keyboard. Ready for yet another assault on those poor, helpless bastards called.. keys.
"Don't hurt us, please", they cried. They kept beggin me to stop. Yet I couldn't. Sadistic bastard,aren't I?

I moved around in my chair. After doing so, I enhaled fresh air. And exhaled.
Annoying itch in my eyes. Problem solved. Rub, rub, arg.
Done.
Blinking, looking at the monitor. Oldskool 2001 retro styleset, off topic seemed to have come to a temporarily halt.
Once again, nothing could be done about it. I blinked. Curse these eyelids. But I need them. So, bless those darlings.

Staring at my hands, the keyboard, my dinner. The glass of coca cola!
An ache at the back of my neck. Begone, foul demon!

Yes, I was so incredibly bored.

Then I heard it for the first time.

A silent cough. But I didn't classify it as something worthy. Worthy to turn my head, and oh.. I really didn't feel like putting such terrible strain on my body. At least, at this time of the day.

The fingers sliding over the helpless keys on the precious keyboard, my thoughs wandered off to dreamland.

Once more, the cough resounded throughout the room.

This time, I couldn't ignore it. Was it the cat? The old bastard. The old fool, who had snuck up on me. Who wanted to kill me, for not spending enough time with him. At least, this evening. Grandfather was in a bad mood.
No matter what I did, at a certain point he no longer wished being gentle and turned his head.

Back to reality. The cough was echoing in my head. Bouncing off the many walls, the countless corridors of what I call the maze. The brain. The outskirts. The city. The outback. The jungle.

At this point, my body had become immobile. The lights were dimming. I started sweating. A heart pounding in a chest, as a race car blazing through his opponents. At full speed, turbo enhanced.

A warm sensation at the back of my neck. My eyes shifting back and forth.
Something, someone was standing behind me.

The room had gone pitch black now. Aside from the magnificent lights from the monitor. The keys on the keyboard were enjoying this moment. Their moment of victory. I cursed them, and wished them nothing but a gruesome demise.

All of the sudden the muscles in my neck reactivated. Slowly, painfully I used them to turn my head.
In the meantime,the mysterious coughing hadn't stopped.
I couldn't believe what my mind was telling me. It registered a large figure, standing in the corner of the room. Its eyes glowing.
Becoming brighter. Changing from red, to yellow.

A LOUD SHRIEK!!!!!!!!!

OMG si TWEETY teh big parrot!!!!

Teweety: NeoNite lol u gotta come with me to another time and place and universe alollerskates!!!!

Moi: Wot? Y wold I do such a thing lmao! Im surfin BUF, teweety!

Teweety: Yah I kno! But U gotta come naw!

Moi: K. Whear?

Teweety: Lmao, u noob. Lok their!

Omg, teh parrot which was teh size of a lollifant had created A SUPERHUGE vortex in the room, yah in the corner! DumDEEDumDUm evil corners!!!!!!!!!!

Tewety: Yo let's go! =p Naw!!! omg.

Moi: Ok lol. Here I Goooo!!

SO I jumped into inside the vortex thing and we were VAMOOSH! Gone!

We ended up teleporting into an amazing alien world !!!
Teweety told me he'd show me around! Really!
There were like, alien things... and liefeforms. ADN HUGE PARROTS!
Far too many of those. No cats?

Teweety lolled: "WE aet most of teh cats!"

But a group of smartypants got away,and believe it or not but the dogs had genetically engeered changed mutated teh cats and now they were at war wit h the parrots! Shaped like a lollifant.

Teweety: Ok, u will help with the war on the cats/dogs!

Moi: No way.

Teweety: OK BE LIIKE THAT!!!!

Within the blink of an eye, I was back in my house. Startled, baffled.
No coughing, no huge parrots. No angry cats.
Just me, sitting in front of my computer, desk, monitor.
I was about to post a thread, on the off topic forum.

It appeared to be a very strange thread, with lots of spelling and grammaticicital errors. On purpose, but the buf wolves wouldn't buy that!
Ah, curse them :rant:

My finger was already on the mouse. ALAS, too late to sever it.
It finished the awful deed, submiting the new thread into the lion's den.

I cursed my fingers, and the keys on the keyboard were silent.

Huge crapstory by NeoNite.

Last edited:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Thing is, I don't do drugs ;=)

Don't worry, every now and then I make silly posts like these.
It used to be a LOT worse in my early Buf years.

Just having some fun.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
So where can i buy this book ? I wanna find out what happened to the Thread once it entered the BuF hole.