"It's not working!": an idiot's example of how to install a cooler

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
http://www.izem.ru/atas/1/

I hope this page will load fast enough - russian hosters enjoy to limit the bandwidth to Europe and America. The text on top of the page reads:

A young man brought a computer to service center and says: "It's not turning on!"
after inspecting the motherboard we said: "Oh really?"

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Did the guy make the mounting braket for the fan himself, or is that the stock mounting braket?

If its stock, then I dont see where it would fit on the motherboard. Is it incompatible with that motherboard?

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
OMFG please tell me that's fake, people can't be that stupid, can they?!

Appearantly Russian mobo's are made from wood? They used wood screws...

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
He probably thought the printed circuits on the mobo were actually futuristic decals.

Last edited:

K

i bite
Jul 29, 2004
Magrathea
DOE!!!
doh-1.jpg

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
The infamous "My friend works on computers, and he said to do this" excuse. I cringe whenever I hear that. Then again, those "friends" keep us real computer techs in a job, so more power to them.