UT99 1on1 MapPack.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

BobFromReboot

May 29, 2005
Hello, I have an idea for a UT99 MapPack.

I think it would be a good idea for some talented mappers to gather together and make a 1on1 mappack. Why? Because I know there are some people who like playing 1on1, or like LAN but dont have alot of computers so need smaller maps. The maps would obviously have to be good or wouldnt be accepted into the map. It could work like this: anybody can submit a map but if it doesnt follow some guidelines then its rejected.

When I say 1on1 I don't only mean deathmatch, they could also be CTF or Domination. The maps could also be made so they can fit up to 4 players without being too tight.

The maps should be able to work on older computers and be commercial quality. The newly released HourPitores texture pack could be put to good use here.

So whos with me?

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... 1on 1 CTF, and DOM? Hmmmm... no. Fine by DM, but good DM maps are hard to make: they have to be perfect in layout, and preferably also in visuals - all that is hard to come by, that so that is rare you can point out a good 1on1 map released anytime soon (past or present). The scale matters too...

... really, if you can't map or if you can but don't have the expertize to make good DM or 1on1 maps, then it's better to forget about it, even though your intention is good :) . The UP contests (in case you referer them) aren't going anywhere in that matter. They lack some "vision", even though there's a few good mappers involved...

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... organization first and foremost. We need objectives/standarts/purposes to aim for, and an estimated deadline to keep it cohesively working and the community interested. Parameters should be discussed...

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
Defeat's email addy gave me an error when I tried it. I'll be getting in contact with you shortly, Nahand.

Nahand

!!! God Of Random !1?
Oct 24, 2003
PT
... i'm sorry for any lack of comm, but until the end of July (at least), i'm internet-handicapped (no connection)... my interest in this pack remains, as long as the mappage has some degree of quality :) ...