FragBU, would you join?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Is there any interest in reviving FragBU?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Link primary kills in four hits, just time them right and you'll get plenty of kills without spamming. Vaskadar and I were playing a week ago and he said the same thing. So we did link primary fights and he saw how quickly I can get kills with it. :p

Wasn't the Pulse Rifle secondary a lot stronger than the primary in UT? I never convinced myself when using the Link Gun that I had to reverse my instinct to leash everyone to death.

The enforcer is the most overpowered starting weapon ever, five shots and you're dead. Don't spam the primary and every shot will be 100% accurate. Get two enforcers and you can godlike a pub if you play smart enough.

The original enforcers were pretty damn lethal in UT as well. Especially if you had dual-wield.

Last edited:

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
I prefer UT2k4 & still play it occasionally.

If there was a dedicated weekend evening that FragBU for UT3 was happening on though, i'd try to play when possible.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Wasn't the Pulse Rifle secondary a lot stronger than the primary in UT? I never convinced myself when using the Link Gun that I had to reverse my instinct to leash everyone to death.

The original enforcers were pretty damn lethal in UT as well. Especially if you had dual-wield.
Pulse secondary did burn through people like it was nothing, but I can't remember how it fared against the primary.

UT's enforcers only took four hits iirc, so it was stronger, but even when you took the time to fire your primary, at a distance it did have a cone of fire. So while it was stronger, it wasn't a mini sniper gun like UT3's. But I love the UT3 enforcer, someone accused me of headshot-ing them with it once and it was the greatest thing ever.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
dude, I don't need you to candy coat a load crap.

UT3's enforcer is nothing close to a sniper. It's totally random, and if you can get a headshot with it - beats me.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I'm wating because you're saying silly things.

UT's enforcer is 100% accurate the first time it's fired and 100% accurate whenever you don't spam primary. I am not wrong on this.

Also, I never said I can head shot people with the enforcer.

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
it may get the first shot off, but the rest is up to whatever.

It's like timed cone fire. If you don't wait long enough to fire your next bullet, it will stray.

BLOODY SCREEN SO REAL.

Last edited:

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
what do you consider spam? Waiting 2 seconds between each shot?

And, if it can't get a headshot, then who cares about such accuracy anyway?
You only have to wait 1/2 a second to fire again before it hits the center of your xhair.

Who cares about such accuracy? Aren't you the one complaining about the cone of fire?

Mar 19, 2002
Denver Co. USA
Visit site
no, mainly I was complaining about it only being ready to fire once you're already ****ed.

It's cool though, man, I'm over it; I'll play.
It's just a game, with rules and all that stupid stuff.

(i tend to drunk rage)

edit
so when is this going to happen?

Last edited:

-n7-

May 12, 2006
Edmonton, AB
no, mainly I was complaining about it only being ready to fire once you're already ****ed.

It's cool though, man, I'm over it; I'll play.
It's just a game, with rules and all that stupid stuff.

(i tend to drunk rage)

edit
so when is this going to happen?

Tonight, we're all playing right now man!

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I would definitely do it, but I would like scheduled events (Use steam events, make a steam group maybe?) so I can plan to go. Did I mention Steam? it nags you when an event is about to start. :p

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
This is why FBU is dead. too many Link Beamers
yea, everyone quit because you got fried be a link beam one too many times. /sarcasm

it IS possible everyone gave up because JD is too good :p But I've gotten better!
a little...

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
We already have the BU Steam group. If you aren't in there, let us know and we'll invite you.