Google Lowers IPO and SEC "Reads Playboy's Articles"

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Bean 3:16

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5743246/

I thought this was kinda funny. The IPO is interesting, especially if you've been following its adventures. But here is a fun quote:
In an amended prospectus filed Wednesday, Google said the Securities and Exchange Commission “has requested additional information concerning the publication” of an interview of Google founders Sergey Brin and Larry Page that appeared in September’s issue of Playboy magazine. That was a potential violation of the SEC’s rules against talking publicly before an initial public stock offering about information that is not included in the prospectus.

Does that strike anyone else as kinda funny? I can see it now...an SEC officer "reading" Playboy, and right in the middle of his good time, he stumbles on some Google business. Must have ruined his day.

Aug 2, 2004
I was trying to make a joke. No need to be defensive. What you do is what you do and as long as it doesn't break any laws(or atleast not big ones, you can run a red I dont care) I dont care. Your life is just that your own.

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Darth_Chaos said:
I was trying to make a joke. No need to be defensive. What you do is what you do and as long as it doesn't break any laws(or atleast not big ones, you can run a red I dont care) I dont care. Your life is just that your own.

WTF are you talking about? Is it just me, or did nobody say anything to you? If it was Buz, he was mentioning that he just hasn't read the article. BP had a fun eek face. Anyways, kick it down a notch champ.

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
BuzWeaver said:
I have the new Playboy Issue, I've just not had a chance to look at it yet. Yes, I do read it for the articles.
Man, Hooter's wings are the bomb!

Btw -- I really see Google's reign collapsing. Google along with Walmart, etc. are all gaining capital in an economy driven from material-value comparison. Due to ideas, software, and human labour not actually having material value my only possible theory to why theres so much money in non-material sectors is that the foreign markets actually have massively more capital than official and we're simply draining off that unrecorded capital until it runs dry. When it does, if no changes are made to the economy I see non-material giants collapsing like an arrogent hoser from the sight of blood.

Last edited:

Phopojijo

A Loose Screw
Nov 13, 2005
Canada
Xaero said:
Wouldn't Walmart be classified as a material giant? Since...you know...they sell things that are made of all types of material?
Nope, they are simply a middle-man -- they don't trade anything...

If Walmart gives an apple to Jonny from Billy, How can Walmart and Jonny both have an apple?
(Edit: Or Jonny have an Apple and Walmart a Cocoanut or something to make my metaphore better)

Last edited:

Apr 27, 2000
Visit site
Phopojijo said:
Man, Hooter's wings are the bomb!

Btw -- I really see Google's reign collapsing. Google along with Walmart, etc. are all gaining capital in an economy driven from material-value comparison. Due to ideas, software, and human labour not actually having material value my only possible theory to why theres so much money in non-material sectors is that the foreign markets actually have massively more capital than official and we're simply draining off that unrecorded capital until it runs dry. When it does, if no changes are made to the economy I see non-material giants collapsing like an arrogent hoser from the sight of blood.

While that may have taken a long time for you to compose, I don't think you really know what you're talking about. Google does work with "materials" as you put it...material that allows everyone have greater, faster, easier, and more useful access to information. That can NEVER go out of fashion (people ALWAYS need to know stuff). Now, they can certainly be outclassed by another company/group, but their failure would not really ever have to do with what they do going out of style.

//Cool name btw