Classic characters

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
Kill off liandri company, cause it too crash, taken over by it's rival corporation or the necris tactical nuke bombing brings the company to it's knees or some lark like that,
though i liked the corrupt in 2k4 but I also want to see some new sh#t, maybe they could do izanagi correctly not like that **** in U2, proper cyber-samurai soldiers who speak in japanese accompanied by some stealthy looking ninja, give them energy weapons, make the shogun their boss, a demon spirit captured inside a machine or maybe bring in the genghis khan character from original UT and have group of futuristic eastern barbarian like dudes, he finally takes over the eastern expanse=crisis
they never developed that character originally or bring in jyhan nyhn as a character

gregori

BUF Refugee
May 5, 2005
Baile Atha Cliath, Eireann
yeah i suppose but there a whole history in the unreal universe we don't see if always focused on Xan liandri, mysteries and the like,
althought with the new beefed up graphics makes you wonder what the next xan will look like, may be the could experiment with his look give him a different machine to exist in,
that the other thing you don't know if their someone in that battlesuit,who is it? or if xan some type of AI program that became sentient and can travel from system to system, what this xan charater all about? if they include at least further the storyline

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
yes, use technology to advance the storyline...
umm anyway,
Majik- said:
Eh, former champions in the UT series has basically been half the storyline so far, but anyway if he's included, which he undoubtedly will be, he doesn't necessarily have to be THE boss. A necris boss/champion is a good bet though.
what about if the boss is some top secret ultimate character that epic doesnt even leak out , as in epic officially denies his existence until the first person actually finishes the single player game and proves that the character exists and posts screenshots etc etc, then suddenly the official website of the game will change and pretend the whole incident never happened...

i'd imagine something about encrypting that character, as in something in the source of game that pieces together a 'key' that will decrypt the character, from things in maps and stuff ... make it so that its guaranteed to be faster to finish the game, than to hack into the game to recover the character...

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
I think they should keep some of the 'main' characters in the series, add in a few from ut99 that were popular, and give the new characters a more ut99/matrix-style look.

I do beleive though that Xan is not the head of liandri. On the Unreal Tournament website, in the 'Unreal Timeline' it says that Xan was the leader of the Liandri Robot uprising, was captured, put in a stasis matrix, and then after multiple attemps reprogrammed him for 'corporate' uses.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
Original UT characters just seemed so much cooler than the menagerie they had in 2kx.

It was improved in 2k4, but still didn't catch that classic 'hardcore killer team vs hardcore killer team' feel.

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Metal guard, female commando's (marines and aphex) .. necris (but I'm not that fond of them anymore..)...

Nah I'm not saying I want these back but they stood out.

Dark reavers, female ones, outfits look silly though.
(athena, kira, illana)

Last edited:

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
I don't mind if they bring the old characters back, its kind of like a signiture thing. However, If they have the character unlock for single player, they should have all new players to unlock. I get tired of the "boss" enemies being the same with every new UT sequal. Every time, its either Xan Malcom, or some Skarrj variant. :(

Last edited:

KoshiJoshi

Certified FlakMonkey
Dec 13, 2005
England
Turns2Ashes said:
The need to keep the Skaarj, which I don't think they're doing, and get rid of those damn Egyptian retards.

I agree, i am really pissed that there will be no skarrj, but still... its not like no one will model some.

I reckon a revamped version of Xan Mk1 from UT is probably the best Xan around, i'm kinda repulsed by the Xan in ut2004, he's too chunky and he runs odd:eek:

innociv

Mar 25, 2005
In DM i'd always use the xan without any color so it had that plain unpainted metal with those neat eyes.
It looked like something from old comic books and was so hardcore.
I used nali alot to because it seemed to be hard to judge where it'd land compared to others and couldn' tell between dodge and jump.

Neophoenix

Bast's Pet
Aug 4, 2005
Speaking of the unpainted Xan, has anyone taken a close look at Axon? If you look at his eyes you can make out the faint white of human eyes. :p