Baby License?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Do you think there should be a Licesne to have a baby?

• yes

Votes: 22 41.5%
  • no

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • I don't care either way, it affects me not!

Votes: 7 13.2%

• Total voters
With current population well exceeding what our planet can sustain, and the growing number of abused children etc, do you think there should be a license to have kids?

I guess it would take some sort of psychology test to make sure you are a fit parent. Much like you need a license to drive a car.

All this is coming from my ex-girlfriend who works for CPS (Child Protective Services). The stories and the amount of work she has is outstanding. 20-30 cases per each person, and there are only 5 or 6 people working in this small area of the US to handle such cases. They are underpaid, overwhelmed and the cases contiune to pile up.

She just got 3 cases where new borns were tested postivie for cocaine, a 10 year old prostitue and other even worse child cases.

So what do you guys think? We need some sort of control anyways, and I really think that having to do a psychology test to be considered to have a kid is a good idea. The only issue is people will have them regardless. But I think if you don't have a permit of sorts to have kids, it will get taken away from you.

Some people are just too dumb to have kids.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The problem with this is that the next logical step from here is a limit on the number of children you may have, which I wouldn't want.

Overall, I agree, though. Some poeple shouldn't be allowed to have kids. :p

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Too bad it's one of our natural or god given unalienable rights, as I see it at least. What's next, we need a license to use our eyes, feet, hands and other body parts?

Igoy

dea ex machina
Jan 20, 2008
Norwich, England.
slave-riot.co.uk
I don't know how well that would work. Some people may pass the tests, proving to be fit mothers and then something else further down the line such as post-natal depression can affect how you raise and how you treat a child, and not everybody gets help for that.

I agree absolutely something should be done, instead of teaching pointless things such as religion (potential can of worms there), "citizenship", etc in schools, realistic things should be taught in those time slots, such as future careers, how to handle money, not putting whiskey into your kids bottle, how not to be a **** up etc.

Ultimately though, no matter what tests or whatever are put into place, there is still going to be a lot of cases that fall through the net. People are too stupid to realise that they shouldn't have kids.

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
In some states, you can be arrested for not having a drivers license on your person when you get pulled over. So, what would happen if a woman is caught having a baby without that license? Would she get arrested and the baby become a ward of the state?

Hillary was right when she said it takes a village...

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
With current population well exceeding what our planet can sustain, and the growing number of abused children etc, do you think there should be a license to have kids?

1) not true even in the slightest. It is true that certain areas are more densely populated that they should be and that war and disease have decimated other areas, but the Earth can support a whole freaking lot more people. Billions more.

2) and if someone doesn't pass the test? Do you neuter them? How do you define a good parent?

3) should we also require that all children be bred with blond hair and blue eyes?

I mean, it's a cute idea and all, oh hey, wouldn't it be funny if... but it doesn't work, it has no feasible means of enforcement and it reeks of Nazi-esque eugenics whenever you say who can and who cannot breed.

~Jason

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
yes, there should be a parental competence test for anyone who thinks they want to raise kids.

there should also be mandatory birth control implanted in all girls once they turn 13 years old. but that's a discussion for another day.
the Earth can support a whole freaking lot more people. Billions more.
not comfortably...

whether you want to admit it or not, the world is overcrowded.
several HUGE problems could virtually be solved by simply eliminating a lot of the excess people on this planet.

poverty, resource allocation, availability of clean water, etc.

Last edited:

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
there should also be mandatory birth control implanted in all girls once they turn 13 years old. but that's a discussion for another day.

Ya like'em young, do ye?

whether you want to admit it or not, the world is overcrowded.
several HUGE problems could virtually be solved by simply eliminating a lot of the excess people on this planet.

poverty, resource allocation, availability of clean water, etc.

The only way this would work is to force this on every nation and civilization in the world. What government or entity should have such power and authority?

Last edited:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Ya like'em young, do ye?
young, dumb, and full of cum :tup:
Crotale said:
The only way this would work is to force this on every nation and civilization in the world. What government or entity should have such power and authority?
hey I don't claim to know how to implement such a thing.
I merely acknowledge that it would be a good idea and go far towards solving a lot of problems we currently face.

Last edited:

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
young, dumb, and full of cum :tup:

Goofball.

hey I don't claim to know how to implement such a thing.
I merely acknowledge that it would be a good idea and go far towards solving a lot of problems we currently face.

Marxism was a good idea too until those in control decided that it was in their favor to swap out the concept of "each will provide what he can and take what he needs" with the model of "give the government what it wants and take what they give you."

dotnetbeast

Mood Muzik
Feb 14, 2006
Washington D.C.

I guess it would take some sort of psychology test to make sure you are a fit parent. Much like you need a license to drive a car.

All this is coming from my ex-girlfriend who works for CPS (Child Protective Services). The stories and the amount of work she has is outstanding. 20-30 cases per each person, and there are only 5 or 6 people working in this small area of the US to handle such cases. They are underpaid, overwhelmed and the cases contiune to pile up.

She just got 3 cases where new borns were tested postivie for cocaine, a 10 year old prostitue and other even worse child cases.

So what do you guys think? We need some sort of control anyways, and I really think that having to do a psychology test to be considered to have a kid is a good idea. The only issue is people will have them regardless. But I think if you don't have a permit of sorts to have kids, it will get taken away from you.

Are you trying to put Maury out of a job? He has a family!

|*BILLY$CLINT*|

I make things happen!
Jan 25, 2008
The Moon

I find it's funny that here in the US the one thing you don't have to get a license for is to have a baby... If you want to drive a car, handle nuclear waste, or even fish for that matter you have to have a license...But any old jackass can have a kid and I just don't get that...Jackal your GF is true hero cuz she does something I could never do...It would hurt me to much to deal with the scum of society like that everyday, actually it would probably destroy what little faith I have left in humanity...Tell her to keep up the good work at least someone is keeping the faith alive.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
What entity should have such power?

Earthquakes and other natural disasters. Also notice how they effect poor people the most? :lol:

Seriously though, dragonfliet is right about the world being able to support a whole lot more people. The problems Jacks mentions have nothing to do with over population and everything to do with people failing. ;)

Crotale

Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I find it's funny that here in the US the one thing you don't have to get a license for is to have a baby... If you want to drive a car, handle nuclear waste, or even fish for that matter you have to have a license...But any old jackass can have a kid and I just don't get that...Jackal your GF is true hero cuz she does something I could never do...It would hurt me to much to deal with the scum of society like that everyday, actually it would probably destroy what little faith I have left in humanity...Tell her to keep up the good work at least someone is keeping the faith alive.

I think you have it wrong. A fishing license isn't about knowing how to fish, it is about taxing you to pay for conservation fees and other government services. When you have a child in the US, you have to get a Social Security card and number for the child, you also have a birth certificate. You also pay taxes on goods and services for said child while they are under your care.

Most expecting parents today spend tons of money preparing themselves and their homes for the upcoming bundles of joy. Just because there are some scumbag "parents" out in the world does not mean that the rest of us should be put further under the government's thumb.

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
It's a sad state of affairs when people are seriously discussing giving the government the ability to regulate reproduction. This thread reads like some sort of twisted dystopian novel.

I also laugh at this silly notion that we can somehow change human nature by simply restricting something. It wouldn't solve a darned thing. It would probably create more issues than it would solve. Just look at China's feeble attempts.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
As much as I get pissed off at some of the stories I hear in the news and some of the dumba$$es that have kids, it sounds like a good idea but it shouldn't be done.

kiff

That guy from Texas. Give me some Cash
Jan 19, 2008
Tx.
www.desert-conflict.org
Good god, I can't believe people actually think this is a good idea. The brilliant ideas some come up with, with "good intentions" is just amazing. And they blast the notions of "death panels"? :lol:

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
1) not true even in the slightest. It is true that certain areas are more densely populated that they should be and that war and disease have decimated other areas, but the Earth can support a whole freaking lot more people. Billions more.

What you said is not true even in the slightest.

The way humans operate on the earth is unsustainable. It may be possible that the Earth, in the current form, can support billions more. But, this will severely restrict our children's ability to live. Think of it as a weekly bandwidth restriction on your internet. Say the Earth has a 7GB/week download limit. Lets say we are at Wednesday, and we already consumed a sustainable amount of 3GB, having a sustainable rate of 1GB/day. Now, as the population has become unsustainable, we are consuming an unsustainable rate of, say, 2GB/day. We will perish before Friday. At the present (Wednesday in this example), we can support the 2GB/day rate, but we cannot support it for long (Friday). There will be no Saturday.

I remember doing an online calculator on a reputable site (I forget what site it is, but it was part of my sustainability class in college.), that calculated how many Earths we needed for us to be sustainable. What it did, was that it based what my habits were, and multiplied it by how many people there were living on Earth. I view myself as an average consumer with respect to the whole world. The results were amazing, showing that there had to be greater than 5 Earths needed to support a global population of me's.

One note with the number of Earths. The tool only based it on "fertile" areas concerning agriculture, and raw mineral and resource deposits. It did not include areas such as Antarctica and the Sahara. Only areas that can support life and our current lifestyles. But, the fact of the matter is that currently, people live in such unsupportive areas, leeching from the areas that support life. This further proves that the human-Earth system is unsustainable in the current form.

I also laugh at this silly notion that we can somehow change human nature by simply restricting something. It wouldn't solve a darned thing. It would probably create more issues than it would solve. Just look at China's feeble attempts.

Right, so we should just give up, wave the white flag, stand back, while idly watching the commons go to hell, just because we suposedly "cannot change" human nature. It is times like this, where the Tragedy of the Commons is coming into fruitiion.

If restrictions, discipline, responsibility, etc won't work, then what will? Nothing.