St00pid

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Cholo Grande

May 29, 2001
www.buswerks.com
Heheh just had it pointed out that I was getting flamed in here so I'm a little late to the party. First off, yes I think the cover is funny looking. It looks just like some sort of class or soccer team picture except their all armed... or even the bad rap CD like Sinep said.

To also answer your question, yes I could do better. Will I take the time to? For $200 I'll make some better cover art for the INF team. It won't be much, but it will be a deal for $200 and full ownership of my graphic.

Everyone lighten up. I didn't call God a dog focker. I just said that I found humor in something. The pic looks funny to me and if you had any imagination you'd see what I was talking about. It's not bad per se, it's just nothing to brag about.

funkstylz

I CLEAN TEH LATRINE
Mar 15, 2000
Bris. QLD, Oz
www.funkstylz.com
Originally posted by Cholo Grande
Heheh just had it pointed out that I was getting flamed in here so I'm a little late to the party. First off, yes I think the cover is funny looking. It looks just like some sort of class or soccer team picture except their all armed... or even the bad rap CD like Sinep said.

To also answer your question, yes I could do better. Will I take the time to? For $200 I'll make some better cover art for the INF team. It won't be much, but it will be a deal for $200 and full ownership of my graphic.

Everyone lighten up. I didn't call God a dog focker. I just said that I found humor in something. The pic looks funny to me and if you had any imagination you'd see what I was talking about. It's not bad per se, it's just nothing to brag about.

Thats a big call mate...Razor is one hell of a talented gentleman. And even though I know he could do better if he wasn't so occupied with RL, I still think it'd be hard to top him on the current cover. Then again, I've not seen your work, so I can't tell for sure.

Still, everyone is entitled to an opinion, and your no exception. You don't like it, you don't like it...it's simple really.

Oh, and the $200 thing. LOL! I've been doing this for a while now and I haven't seen a dime, so even suggesting yourself being paid for a cover art pic is bordering on insulting (Thankfully, it isn't to me). I think that fact is something that you should all dwell on just a little more before you post your comments. I've been up since 3am working on INF just so you can have your Jan release date, and now I'm at my full time job, so you can imagine how I feel at least when people take the piss outta INF.

Then again...it's your right, so excercise if you wish. I think that if <b>everyone</b> just presented their comments a little nicer and with a lot less sarcasm, this place would be a lot more bareable.

Dj Bandiger

Aug 30, 2001
Virginia, USA
Visit site
More Sam and Max

Chronic - yeah, the guy in the picture is Max, taken from the game Sam and Max Hit the Road, which was an old (couldn't give you the year) LucasArts adventure game. It was one of the funniest adventure games ever, showing just how awesome LucasArts was at the genre back in the day. Anyways, on Sam and Max, they were originally (and might still be, I don't know) comic book characters, from a comic of the same name (Sam and Max). All and all, very funny stuff. LucasArts might still have a few copies in the offices, definatley worth checking out, if you like adventure games (I've still got my floppies from the original release, was never a big fan of the CD edition with voices for the characters and such).

Warren

Infiltration Project Coordinator
Nov 24, 1999
Portland, OR
www.sentrystudios.com
Hehe, well I'll try to post a little bit of clarity. First of all, 90% of that CD cover is my "fault".. Joel has much more important real life issues, so I was doing my part to try to alleviate some of the Inf pressures on him. I threw together a rendering of a grassy hill with our guys geared up and ready to fight. The inside cover sheds more light on a particular focus while the outside cover is generalized.. which represents what Inf is partially now and is going to be as development continues. Inf represents multi-faceted combat, whether it is geared towards special operations or regular army, which you guys will see as subsequent versions appear.

Guys, I took a whole 2 seconds to think about this and not much more to put it together into a rendering. Could it have been done better? Hell yes. But the fact is, free project, budgeted time, limited resources, zero financing, all dictating what we're able to do in a given day/week/month. I should put that in my sig. Regardless of what we're compared to, how you think it should be, the fact of the matter is, this is what we have to deal with.

Second, I'm not a salesman. I never have been, and I've long ago accepted that I'm as good at marketing as I am knitting a sweater. Sentry Studios was created because it's easier to deal with outside companies and individuals as an entity rather than a group of sole proprietors. That's all it is right now. The focus of Sentry Studios for us is to put together quality entertainment of our choosing. We're doing this mostly for our own experience at this point. We've got some excellent documentation on great game ideas, but we're taking things one step at a time.

Third, this CD and t-shirt sale is for your benefit more than anything. It's definitely not going to make us a ton of money. After all, Inf is running on a two-year old engine. These CD sales will pay for things like software we're using (for example, a legit Setup and menu software rather than UT's) as well as specific hardware the team might need to keep producing the goods. That's about it.

Fourth and finally- to continue dispelling any rumors, the website was created by individuals who did not hold up the 2.87 release in one way or another. For the website to wait on the 2.87 release didn't make sense. With this website, we hope to further bridge the gap between Infiltration and its community. We're going to provide all kinds of little things within this website, from tutorials on developing Inf maps for EAS to clan news to Inf mods, etc. Stuff that just wasn't practical to do on Planet Unreal anyway.

Anyone who has worked on any software before will tell you that 99% of the time, the programmers are what make up the gist of the remaining development of a release. That's the stage we're at right now, and we've got damn good programmers working on it, but they have real lives that I always insist come first. I'm not here to make this enjoyable for anyone else but the team, so if it doesn't come out until Feb, so be it. If we lose fans because of the CD art, that's fine. If only 2 people play Inf after it comes out, oh well- we're all having fun three years after Inf first came out, and that's more important at this stage in our gaming careers than popularity. Well, at least in my opinion. ;)

Basically, praise, constructive bitching, suggestions.. it's all good!

Meat Sac

May 30, 2001
PDX
Visit site
I have to agree about the inside of the CD sleeve. The foldout was posted in the ILCR foums by Razor. The inside shows what INF is all about and actually has some decent layout and design concept. The outside is the miss and understandably so now that we know what Razor is going through.

Cholo Grande

May 29, 2001
www.buswerks.com
No one seems to get anything I say. I'll spell it out PLAINLY for everyone to understand.

#1 I didn't come here and complain about the CD art. As a matter of fact I NEVER complained about the CD art. I said I found the picture amusing.

#2 I said I found the picture amusing on a message board which I admin. Some fool posted a link to those forums to play a game of kick the cholo.

#3 When I said I could do a better cover, I meant it. Could I crank one out in 5 minutes? No. (BTW my sig took around 8 so blow me *courtesy of PSP*). Do I care if it's a great pic? No not really.

There you go. Three good reasons to go kick someone else around when they're not looking. :)

Anyway, The second cover you showed is WAY better than the chosen one. Why did you not use it?

OPFOR(SIXPACK)

Feb 27, 2001
Thank the f'ing lord you found just the right words to put an end to the bashing - now it's time for the "I didn't mean you, Cholo" and the "I didn't really read it, I just bashed you anyway Cholo" and the "I'm sorry I misunderstood you, Cholo"

Or what will probably happen is that they will say - "oh, ok it wasn't you Cholo - let's find the guy who did it, and let's take this all personally" as if anyone gives a s hit what the INF team does. We still play their fu cking game anyways, so they obviously rock.

They don't need to stick up for themselves, or even deign to give any credit to statements they feel are not important/relevant.
I don't know why anyone feels the need to defend INF anyways- it's not your f ucking job!

Leave INF bash responses to INF guys - and if you are an INF guy responding to an obviously harmless f ucking nothing of a statement from an esteemed member of the INF community - who has brought a sh itload of great opportuinities to us, then you are obvioulsy too fixated on yourself, and need a self-esteem check.

Flame away - I am used to it.

THE REAL OPFOR

Uri19

Jul 12, 2001
"The World"
Originally posted by BlAcK_PlAgUe22

Uri19. He got the 100,000 post and he didn't even play INF! :eek:
It's good to know I'm still loved in the INF forums :hmm:.
But blorg at you all I guess... Enjoy that Avatar m8...