UE3 - UDK Crouching stops movement

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
Hello there,

I have set up a little game in which I'm going to have characters of different sizes. I'm currently working on a tall character and its crouching ability.
Setting the player size worked using this code in my player pawn:

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
CollisionRadius=+0021.000000
CollisionHeight=+00132.000000
End Object
CylinderComponent=CollisionCylinder

BaseEyeHeight=114.0
EyeHeight=114.0

CrouchHeight=87.0
CrouchRadius=21.0

So far so good. However, if I'm moving the character and press crouch the character simply stops and only goes halfway into crouching. How can I fix this?

Also, I get the landing sound when crouching while the character is standing still. I assume that's because the character is rather tall (and therefore "falling" when crouching) but how would I get rid of the sound?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
That's a rather curious thing to be going wrong. I don't have any Unreal 3 code to hand, but I would suggest digging around the Pawn crouching code to see if it fiddles with stuff like the collision cylinder. It makes sense to me that it would resize the cylinder when a player is crouched, and this could be your problem.

EvilT-ModZ

Un-Gravitify
Aug 3, 2011
Russia
www.set-games.ru
So far so good. However, if I'm moving the character and press crouch the character simply stops and only goes halfway into crouching. How can I fix this?

Also, I get the landing sound when crouching while the character is standing still. I assume that's because the character is rather tall (and therefore "falling" when crouching) but how would I get rid of the sound?

Did you mean, is your pawn always stops while it's crouching?

About landing sound, I think you should deal with function Landed(vector HitNormal);, arguments can be other, just an example.