UE3 - UDK nfringe, refresh solution explorer (match actual file tree)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

GrahamLuke

Jul 14, 2013
So I'm using nFringe, as a plugin in Visual Studio 2010. I want to refresh the solution explorer - that is the main browser for flipping through all of your source (and I imagine content) files.

The problem is that when I change the way my files are organized on disk, in windows explorer, or a command-line or whatever, the solution explorer in Visual Studio doesn't match it.

I followed this: http://wiki.pixelminegames.com/inde...realScript:UdkProjects#Key_things_to_remember. It tells me to try a bunch of different things and expect the solution explorer to refresh on its own. None of it worked.

Has anyone faced this problem before? I believe that problem is more easily fixed with 'regular' Visual Studio. Is nFringe just garbage? What is going on here?

I'd hate to have to do things manually.

GrahamLuke

Jul 14, 2013
uh. so I fixed it. The problem is brain-dead simple. Packages are only 1 level deep in UnrealScript. Crazy.

I did some stuff in emacs to cover my file browsing needs, because single-level directories is crazy. Did I say that already? Anyway, emacs works great, and with my single-level hierarchy the solution explorer refreshes. Nice.