FHI Server Help If Possible

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

chilz

Jun 11, 2010
i i have read some posts and seen some different things and nothing to help me as of yet so if someone can help me then please let me know

im trying to get like a super version of fhi with what weapons and monsters they have and then some crazy cartoon looking characters i have many downloaded and installed but

when i try to alter max adren no go i dont know where to even look left
when i compress the files and put them in redirect they dont download correctly
the monsters and models dont move they stand in a stable position shooting whatever ammo they use the only weapons besides the normal ut2k4 weapons that work are excessive weapons and there just not enought of a weapon
i have gravity replacemetn and its not working or even showing in webadmin

so if anyone has any ideas and are willing to help us get this server running without crashing let me know and ill send you the ip to it i also use teamspeak3 and xfire if u can help

thanks if you took the time to read this and i hope its in the right spot

IronMonkey

Moi?
Apr 23, 2005
Scotland
www.margrave.myzen.co.uk
i i have read some posts and seen some different things and nothing to help me as of yet so if someone can help me then please let me know

im trying to get like a super version of fhi with what weapons and monsters they have and then some crazy cartoon looking characters i have many downloaded and installed but

when i try to alter max adren no go i dont know where to even look left
when i compress the files and put them in redirect they dont download correctly
the monsters and models dont move they stand in a stable position shooting whatever ammo they use the only weapons besides the normal ut2k4 weapons that work are excessive weapons and there just not enought of a weapon
i have gravity replacemetn and its not working or even showing in webadmin

so if anyone has any ideas and are willing to help us get this server running without crashing let me know and ill send you the ip to it i also use teamspeak3 and xfire if u can help

thanks if you took the time to read this and i hope its in the right spot

You need to start simple and build from there. Have you got a clean install of UT2004 (no mutators)? Then install the mod. How does that go? If it works then add mutators one by one until it stops working. Repeat and rinse.

It's a while since I had FHI installed but you should look in the mod System directory (something like C:\UT2004\FHIv5\System\) for the ini file. If max adrenaline can be altered then you will find the setting in the ini file.

Problems with the redirect could be happening if you are using V4 of the mod. The mod team were a bit naughty and updated some files between V4 & V5 without changing the filename. That caused problems with the redirect. V5 should work with the public redirects. Some basic instructions on redirects here: http://www.unrealadmin.org/uz/instructions?

Make sure that you put in the trailing "/" in the URL. It is quite common for that to be omitted and to cause the redirect to fail.

You don't describe what your hardware and network set up is but monsters standing on the spot could be networking problems.

chilz

Jun 11, 2010
i personally runa amd quad core 9600 black with 8 gigs of ram a corsair 900 watt power supply and a nvidia 285gtx but i rent the server itself so i dont know the specs

DeathAdder

a.k.a. LightBringer
Jul 8, 2001
north carolina
Visit site
I was the server Admin for Lightbringer's FHI f/ RPG Server back in the day. IronMonkey has the probable symptoms outlined. I'm quite good with V4, but did not work with V5 at all. You probably have V5 on the server. The rented server should be good for network speed and bandwidth. Your computer should have no problems. Therefore, it is just in the files, and/or the ini files where the problems lie. I should have some time this coming weekend to look at it, but not sure if I can help.