UT3 Patch 1.3 Is Out!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
The long awaited patch 1.3 is finally out. Just as usual, patch includes the changes of all the previous patches. You can get the 257Mb file and see the full change list on our Fileworks. Here are the most noteable changes:

Gameplay:
- Vipers can no longer be driven around underwater if entered while underwater - they pop up out of the water, even if deep in it.
- Fixed giving proper stats credit for translocator telefrags.
- Fixed giving proper suicide stat credit for certain environmental suicides.
- Fixed friendly fire mutator showing up as option for Duel.
- Fixed "missing required file for demo playback" error message.
- End the match right away in duel if a player leaves.
- Deployables can no longer be deployed onto hover/flying vehicles.
- Fixed Hoverboard script warnings and possible crash if hoverboard fails to spawn.

Engine/Rendering:
- Added motion blur menu option for PC (defaults to off).

User Interface:
- Added player name list to server browser.
- Added midgame map voting, with serverside config options in UTGame.ini
- Fixed History being saved for servers joined via cmdline and console.
- Fixed leading vote count indicator when map voting underway.
- Added the number of files left to download to the package downloading message.

Networking:
- New dynamic netspeed adjustment system for listen servers. Improves network performance for listen servers which typically have limited upstream bandwidth by dividing available bandwidth between clients.
- HTTP redirect with compression now falls back to the uncompressed case if the compressed file could not be found.
- Fixed erroneous "connection failed" error when performing non-seamless travelling.
- Fixed network vulnerability.

Mod support:
- Added support for Interactions to have a PostRender call (to render to canvas).
- Added support for Interactions to have exec functions be called on them.
- Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.
- Fix for custom factions in the UI.
- Added support for -mod commandline option so that a TC mod can have a .ini file "sandbox" - where they can have new content paths, new startup maps, etc..

Map specific:
- Fixed CTF-Searchlight black boxes before match starts.
- Fixed CTF-Searchlight search lights.
- Fixed CTF-Hydrosis collision issues.
- Fixed DM-Morbias collision issues.
- Fixed collision issue in DM-Deck.

AI improvements:
- Fixed bots not using link gun beam on enemies.
- Improved bot hoverboard AI.
- Fixed bots sometimes not picking up flags/orbs they dropped.

os][ris

May 10, 2006
yay!!!

Wasn't console cut/paste supposed to be in this patch? Sigh...

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
os][ris;2170521 said:
Wasn't console cut/paste supposed to be in this patch? Sigh...

Mod support:
- Added support for Interactions to have a PostRender call (to render to canvas).
- Added support for Interactions to have exec functions be called on them.
- Added cut/copy/paste support to the console.

MeanyMortal

They call me Berjj
Oct 2, 2004
Sweden
Motion blur makes the game feel strangely smooth. Maybe it'll make it harder to spot people in the middle of the fray though? I'll leave it on for now and see how I like it. Also, the bots are now deadly with the link gun again! :p

rAt.8^].bAg

Don't eff wid Gkublok
Aug 10, 2008
Let's see what improvements there actually are before saying w00t.

Last edited:

virgo47

Waiting for next UT
Jul 5, 2005
Bratislava, Slovakia
members.clanci.net
Nice patch in overall, however I miss some serious improvements of AI towards the fun factor. I don't want to play with aimbots with zero reaction time. I'm now within those "most of the players don't go online" because of my sucky internet, and I'm pretty frustrated - sometimes even on Adept (hate to say that :-)).

Better AI (precise, faster, more artificial) is actually NOT better AI. Of course I praise all improvements in AI handling bigger gametypes.

[DUF]-Fragger

Jul 9, 2002
The Netherlands
Seems the patch has troubles with the "Hardware Physics" turned on. I turned that on because of that new driver from Nvidia last night, and i havent had any problems.

Maybe its just me, but i can't play with that option turned on because its freezing while he's loading the map. Now i've turned "Hardware Physics" off and then its oke and then i can play.

Anyone else have problems with that?

Gr Fragger

Last edited by a moderator:

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Don't think they will ever add clientside demo support. :p

The player list in the server browser is hit and miss. Half the time it doesnt show any players in the list, even on a full server.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
Especially with these patches replacing maps, epic really needs to use an auto-update system to ensure everyone online has the latest version of everything.