CTF layout in need of feedback.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rask

Aug 15, 2004
Finland
www.rdegree.net
UT3 CTF layout in need of feedback.

Hello fellow mappers, I'm looking for some layout/gameplay gurus, to check out my CTF layout. The map has no name yet, eventually when I can think of something...

A symmetrical, three routed CTF layout. A few larger rooms and fluid transitions between areas (mostly, need to work on that a bit more). A large center hall (as CTF usually has) where all routes end up and players can catch the enemy FC with snipering.

This layout only has two flags, one player start, no botpathing, no weaponry. Simple lighting and texturing added. Yes, a very crude alpha version.

Click for an overview image. A bit fuzzy and confusing but you'll get a general idea.

Oh and, the two "holes" in the central room, I'll be adding lifts there. With some liftjumping involved.

What I need is some good and constructive feedback on the layout. I think I like it how it flows and how you can run around, but if I like it doesn't mean everyone else likes it.

Feedback? Suggestions? *****ing? Add it to this thread! Thanks.

DOWNLOAD HERE (.zip, 3054kb).

Install: extract the .zip-file to your

...\Documents and Settings\<userID>\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\UnPublished\CookedPC\CustomMaps\

folder (or if you've defined your own folder for custom maps, use that one). The map should show up in the in-game CTF maplist.

In case of any problems, errors, etc. just add a post to this thread, I'll do my best to fix things.

Thanks.

Last edited:

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This map is about to fall victim to the R-C-R (room-corridor-room) syndrome, so some alternate routes around the central area are definitely needed. I would also seek some help from experienced bot pathing people to get that right when you've added bot pathing to the map. I would say, the more alternate routes around, above and below would definitely make for a better CTF map.:)