Loads of NaliCity Reviews

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Raffi_B

Administrator
Oct 27, 2002
USA
NaliCity has posted five new map reviews for your enjoyment, all for UT2004:

DOM-DMP-Dissipate - 6.5/10
If you’re lukewarm about DOM, then downloading this is a toss-up. It’s good enough to give it a try but if you’re not dedicated to DOM, you may find yourself deleting it to make room for another gametype you prefer.
DOM-1on1-Alpha - 6/10
To sum it up, this is a 1 on 1 DOM match that is truly 1 on 1. There really isn’t room for any more players. The bots are a little sketchy on the gameplay even at higher levels but they do enough to make it interesting.
DM-Dimentia - 4.5/10
A very inconsistent map with a very intriguing gimmick that could add a lot of gameplay but doesn’t. I recommend the download so you can see the potential in the gameplay but if it did not have the warpzones, it wouldn’t be worth it.
DM-Cordon - 5/10
Reminiscent of a UT99 original, this map leaves a lot to be desired in comparison. This is certainly not a remake or redux as it certainly has its own style building on the former. The author put a huge amount of effort into the mesh skinning, construction, and global illumination for the mesh shadows.
ONS-DarkFolly - 3.5/10
Don't take the score too hard. I'd really love to give this map a higher score, but the bad points were rather big ones. The map has some real potential to be some great fun, just needs a thorough buffing and polishing.

Lewis

May 1, 2003
Hehe... At least they're making maps unlike myself. Haven't done so for 2 years now and i really need to get back into it :(

DavidM

Designer
Oct 28, 1999
www.muenni.ch
Shadowlurker said:
And when can we see your next map coming out, David? :)

When I've found a good game to map for...or when Deathball maps are being reviewed....but I don't want anyone to do this anyway, since reviewers are still as clueless as 6 years ago when this stuff started :)