UE3 - UT3 Gunless in DM

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maniacbob

Jul 7, 2009
I've been trying to leverage the Deathmatch game mode to make a single player map. It allows me use bots and make them follow paths and attack and all of that fun stuff. Part of the mission though is that the player is being chased and has to escape and therefore has no gun. So I rigged up a give inventory node at the beginning of the level that takes away all their weapons which is good but when you run it in UT3 there is this messed up arm mesh that is attached to the player and takes the place of the gun mesh but it doesn't rotate with the player when they turn and it won't disappear even if you hide the gun mesh in the hud options. Any ideas on what I can do so I don't have this ridiculous looking arm floating around?

ambershee

Nimbusfish Rawks
Apr 18, 2006
Nomad
sheelabs.gamemod.net
As far as I'm aware, the arm mesh has no suitable animations for when the player is not equipped with a weapon, as a result the first person arms will float around. I doubt this can be remedied using kismet.

Hakamitokage

Oct 2, 2008
I did a similar thing in one of my levels. As far as I can see for looking at the Kismet I used, I went:

Level Startup -(out)-> Give Inventory (clear existing is checked) -(target)-> Player

This worked fine and I didn't have the issue you're describing.

EDIT: Then again, I had Cinematic Mode turned on, hiding the HUD. That might have done something.

Sythenz

Jun 12, 2010
Ireland.
I know this may sound stupid. But why not just port your level over to UDK? Or is there a specific requirement as to why your using UT3?