UT3 VCTF-Apex

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

plugh

Nov 11, 2005
Name: VCTF-Apex
Version: Final V1
Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 3
Description: When the Liandri Research & Development department required an arena to test their translocation/teleport technology, they designed and built 'Apex'. After purchasing the technology, and to show their appreciation, the Necris donated an array of vehicles, which have been used frequently ever since.
Comments: With 14 working days to the MSUC phase 2, I decided to try and make a map from scratch before the deadline, this is the result. A small to medium sized VCTF map, with fast action, lots of teleporters, plenty of fun things and some sneaky bits too.
Credits: Me. To those who helped with the Alpha and Beta testing, especially ThePop!, Fijut, Morphlex, N0stradamus, MexicanSeafood, Thigor, Kiyoka, Filthio, (and others who are too numerous to mention). Epic for the lovely stuff. Thanks guys : )
Homepage: http://www.plugh.co.uk
Download: PC (Filefront) : PC (Mirror) : PC (Fileplanet)

Screenshots:
1_640x480.jpg

2_640x480.jpg

3_640x480.jpg

Enjoy : )

Last edited:

morphlex

Ghost User
Oct 16, 2008
www.morphlex.net
TheIronicKnuckle - I can see how you might say that. I have played this map and the screen caps do no justice. I would have, though, played the map before critiqueing. I know plugh and he put good time into this. I think this is my favorite map that he has done thus far. So please play it and then tell us your thoughts. You can't always judge a map by is screen shots. : )

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
I checked this one out while I was doing an article for BU and I have to say, I really like what I saw! The layout and concept seem interesting. I wish there were more people playing because bots just don't do the game justice.

plugh

Nov 11, 2005
Thanks hal, the map favours foot soldiers, so people who like DM or CTF should enjoy this one. I agree that the bots don't do the map justice, and I'll be perfectly honest here, the bot pathing does need some work, and although it functions, it could be better. I will do a V2 with better pathing for those who play offline, when I get time.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
This one is fun to not use vehicles and try to capture with this particular layout and bots could be a bit better. The base is wide-open inside and has portals to enter battlefield from starting areas. It also seems to have the usual vehicle choices.