Sorry! This thread is closed!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Bastards closed my Boycott the GnT post...it had an important message man...look at covet's spam post! Just look at it! It's intentionally designed for spam and it's got 5 ****in' pages! Dear christ...seriously...

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Your point being? Whether or not you agree with an opinion, that's really no reason to close something. In fact, that's the kind of thing a facist like Hitler would do...not that i'm calling you a Nazi, just saying is all.

My point is, the post was mainly for larks, and it really wasn't doing anything damaging, because no one was replying to the main point by the time you guys closed it, so what harm is leaving it up, if you leave up other spam threads like 'Yarrr' or for that matter, just about any other post on this board?

Xaero

Who Dey!
Oct 11, 2003
Cincinnati
www.xaero.us
The term "Hitler" and "Nazi" are thrown around all too often on forums. Think what you like, I'm not trying to be either of those, nor are any of the other forum mods or admins. Being of German decent, your lucky I don't take those kind of comments personally. :)

Since your so concerned about that YARRR thread, I'll tell you why its open. Despite the fact its pointless, its filled with the good-humored ribbing and joking that makes forum posting enjoyable. Your thread is just the opposite, your trying to cause trouble.

Beyond Unreal has a long-standing friendship with MyUnreal, and I'm not going to let anyone in any forum I moderate undermind that. If you have a problem with MyUnreal, please discuss that here.

Finally, when you registered, you agreed to a set of rules, which among other things, states "...BeyondUnreal Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason." I had a reason, and unless this thread turns into a flame-fest, I'm leaving it open. If you want to discuss the matter further, feel free.

washuu

A Lazy XMP Beta Tester
Oct 18, 2003
Minnesota
www.washuu.org
On the note of closing the right threads... any thread that ISNT u2xmp related, should be closed then, including this one and yarrr.

... and the doom 3 thread should be closed or moved also.

Last edited:

Kaio

Apr 5, 2004
The term "Hitler" and "Nazi" are thrown around all too often on forums.

Yeah, a bit too much...
Please think about before you use this words, because there are germans (*cough*...) who using this board too.

Last edited:

S.I.X

Jul 30, 2004
Yeah. Like i said, wasn't calling him that, was joking, and if you took offense, i'd have to say that you didn't really have a big sense of humour...i mean, it's tolerance guys. Whether it's funny or not, it's harmless

As for my post, i really don't see why it makes any sense to be biased towards it, i mean, according to the terms i read, alot of posts violate the rules. My point is, it was just a meaningless spam thread, that wasn't designed to cause any trouble, or, meant as anything more than a 'haha myu is dumb' post, which isn't anything serious. We all still play on myu, but we all hate it, or atleast, everyone i've talked to. Just about any player i've seen on ts or otherwise is complaining about how crappy myu is, now, if it's popular opinion, what's wrong with a little joking? It wasn't designed to be harmful, and no one was paying any attention to the point of the thread ANYWAY. So why close it, and nothing else?

FurociousFa

Banned
Apr 1, 2004
MI
yarr thread, started by a vD member...hmm..

-SIX people respond when they think somethng involves them when it infact doesn't, its every forum readers innate wanting to join-in and have someone care....wait...oh snap..thats exactly what my statement is so..sue me.

[LNS]ICovetYourChild

=vÐ=ICovetYourChild
Feb 2, 2004
The yarrr thread Remains popular because I am, In fact, awesome!!! You, sir, are just jealous that people find my useless ramblings far more interesting then yours.

And Furocious, Trust me. There are a few things that I havent posted here because xaero politely asked me not to, so its not some huge vD conspiracy to gain a monopoly on all the useless spam theads on BuF or anything like that...

Maxx

Bite Me
Dec 19, 2003
The reason I'm guessing that a lot of the off topic stuff stays open is that this is the main board the community of xmp gather. I know the mods are trying very hard to weed out a lot of the negativity on this baord, and make a more friendly place for people in the xmp community to come and "hang out". Mods are humans and are not above making mistakes, but they were chosen to be in that position because their judgement is valued. What stays or goes on the forum is based on the "judgement" or "opinion" of the mods and nobody else. They are the representative of the rules and values of this site. I've had threads closed that I wished not, oh well. In fact my posts are generally thread killers. All I'm saying is your thread was closed, get over it, or write another mod. It's possible that another mod may share you view and re-open it. There are more mods than just Xaero...he's just the newest. Instead of trying to undermine what they are trying to do here, why don't try to help by keeping negative crap off the forums...you gotta question or complaint try to PM it, and if no response is given then go public second.

Status
Not open for further replies.