UT1 Demo 321 and 322 - Anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Greetings. Anyone has these two demos of UT? The first one was available for like, a day... Thanks in advance.

EDIT: While we're at it, I'm also looking for 338 and 338a builds, too.

Last edited:

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I'm quite sure I got one of them on one of my CDs, at least I used to. But no way to check them now...
What about asking Teflon? He might have it.
I got the demo originally from a magazine cd in czech from a friend, believe it was either on one issue of level or score but it was the earlier demo with the beta features. When I later downloaded the newer demo I found out it was very diffrent. What is the release date of the UT demo? If I have that i might be able to track it down at one place...

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
The first publicly available version (Version 322) of the demo was released on 17 September 1999. A Version 321 was briefly and accidentally available the night before but was rapidly withdrawn.

The Version 322 demo is for use with 3dfx video cards only. This early version of the demo omits DM-Tempest.

A patch was provided to update Version 321 to 322.[1] Two days later, a patch to the 3dfx-only demo was provided to correct a server crash that occurred whilst using the Web-based remote administration facility.

The first full demo (and a patch to the 3dfx-only demo to convert it to the full demo) was released 28 September 1999. This took the demo to version 338. A Version 338a demo intended to test a server map change problem was accidentally released but rapidly disowned by Epic. The Version 338 demo is not compatible with the final version of the full demo.

September 16, 1999 - 321
September 17, 1999 - 322
338a - unknown. Somewhere after September 28, 1999

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
I don't remember what was the demo I played, if it was 321 or 322. I remember only being able to run it in software at the time. Perhaps one of those cover cds have it..

leilei

ANIME ELF'S !!
Jan 20, 2008
Now if only utdemo3dfx321.exe were at anyone's hard drive...

321 was "utdemo.exe" actually. No number. No "3dfx". Also beware of some cases of 338/348 demo renamed to this filename

Last edited: