Unreal Series Complete Music Collection

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Done: http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showpost.php?p=2209963&postcount=57

~

I think this is allowed, so I'l lgo ahead and post about it.

I'm building a complete music collection of Unreal series games, including original UMX files or source audio (like ogg for UT2K3 and on), MOD files without the UMX wrapper, lossless APE rips of MOD / UMX tracks (to allow easy playback and segregation of subsongs, and to also create a tagged, "perfect" soundtrack for each applicable game), and eventually, lossless rips of each commercial disc once I get them. Here are some screenshots:

ut1.png

Folders I currently have are there. Obviously not complete, but I'll get to that later.

ut2.png

Example of a folder listing; in this case, it's the Unreal 1998 beta. There are tagged lossless APE rips (you can see my naming format there), a folder for original UMX files, and especially important in the case of the beta, a folder for MOD files shelled from the UMX wrapper by UnrealEd (UnrealEd 0 in this case). For the beta, I only ripped tracks that were different than future Unreal tracks, and duplicates are flagged as such in the readme and source MOD file duplicates are put in a subfolder of the MOD rips called "Duplicates".

ut3.png

Some games have special music released outside the game, or alternate versions that WERE NOT shipped with a beta. The source files for these are put in an "Unofficial Source Files" folder. This is the one for Unreal; the original versions of Isotoxin and Nightvision are there, and rips are included in lossless Unreal APE rip in the folder above.

ut4.png

Here's an example of the UT folder, and the tag information included on each song.

ut5.png

Here's an example of UT3's folder. The source files are OGG, so I've just ripped them and left them as they are.

So, seems like an ambitious project, but most of the hardest work is done (ripping and tagging all the MOD soundtrack games). Right now, I lack rips for these games that I'm working on:

• Unreal Tournament 2003 (almost done)
  • Unreal Tournament 2004
  • Unreal II
  • Unreal Championship Games (can't be ripped I guess, so it'll just be what Kevin Riepl's put up for download)

However, I totally lack these games and their source music files period, so if anyone has these, please PM!

• Unreal Tournament Beta
  • Unreal Tournament 2003 Beta
  • Unreal II Tech Demo

That's about it. I've PMed Delacroix since I know he had those betas at one time or another, but he's not active on these forums anymore. I'd really love to complete the set with those, and I'd be more than happy to host the betas on my personal webspace in case anyone wants them in the future. It was godsend to find Hyper's site with the Unreal 1998 beta and 1995 tech demo.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zur

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
UC music was ripped allright. Just Google the track names (see Liandri Archives' Unreal Music UC2 section).
As for the U2 Tech Demo, Leo (T.C.K.) has it, as well as the UT2003 beta.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Thanks; I'll PM him. Grabbing UC and UC2 now.

Rather than make a new thread, here are a couple questions about Unreal 2...

1. Found the thread where Delacroix and someone else were trying to rip the WAVs from the CON files, but they never exactly specified how they did it. I also found the webpage of the guy who did rip them, but he encoded them in MP3 and also arranged, whereas I'd like the original fragmented WAVs (though I'll throw in his versions, as I did for the MadMax soundtrack). Microsoft DirectMusic Producer couldn't open the CON files, so what do I need to get the WAVs out of these? If anyone remembers...

2. Does any new music come with the XMP and the community bonus packs?

Thanks. It's all coming together!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
1. I know only the MP3 files.

2. None with XMP (the levels are silent...), not sure about the BPs.

Also, do you have UT3 website music too?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
1. Found the thread where Delacroix and someone else were trying to rip the WAVs from the CON files, but they never exactly specified how they did it. I also found the webpage of the guy who did rip them, but he encoded them in MP3 and also arranged, whereas I'd like the original fragmented WAVs (though I'll throw in his versions, as I did for the MadMax soundtrack). Microsoft DirectMusic Producer couldn't open the CON files, so what do I need to get the WAVs out of these? If anyone remembers...
Use a program called "Game Audio Player" and it'll open those files right up. They'll extract to WAV. Be warned, though, CON files are basically like little looping snippets of music - they aren't a whole song. You can think of them sort of like song subsections in the Unreal songs.

UT3 follows a similar music choice, only UT3 songs tend to have a LOT more segments. It'd be recommended you get the official soundtrack (Which contains most of the tunes in their "long" form as they were before Epic decided on song snippets) and the rest of the music that Kevin Riepl did (Mostly cutscenes but also the two ingame tracks he did - Coret and Strident) can be found on his page in high-quality MP3 form.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Yep, got KR's UT3 website stuff. I'll be getting the commercial disc to make a lossless rip, and the two other commercial releases too (Unreal - Music from the Hit Game, and the Unreal Anthology thing).

EDIT: Regarding below, it seems GAP comes preset with bad paths to its own plugin folder. Fixed!

~

For the Game Audio Player, what version are you using? I found 1.32, but on running it I get the message that no audio / resource plugins were found, and scanning one of the CON files finds nothing.

Last edited:

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Excuse the double post.

On Kevin Riepl's UT3 page, above the jukebox there's a link to a Games Convention 2006 UT3 Trailer song that I missed yesterday. But it's dead...

Does anyone have ut07gctrailer06.mp3?

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
For the Game Audio Player, what version are you using? I found 1.32, but on running it I get the message that no audio / resource plugins were found, and scanning one of the CON files finds nothing.
1.32 is correct. Open the GAP Playlist, and select File > Scan Files. From there, select the CON and it should load up the snippets.

If it still doesn't, when I get home in a few hours I'll rip the snippets into FLACs for you. Or APEs or whatever.

Leo(T.C.K.)

I did something m0tarded and now I have read only access! :(
May 14, 2006
Btw at ut classic pack3, the music used in the Scruular is the original firebr track, it's a lot different than the actual version. You can dl that and see yourself, the other special track included in any ut beta were the menu ones (two different versions), someone say that also razorback, but that's not true for me because it sounds just the same as final in the beta i tried. So I dunno wher this rumor came from and whether that razorback came from any beta.
And the special ut2003 tracks are uploaded in my esnips folder.
http://www.esnips.com/doc/4c74bbb1-c6ba-4257-a033-bc1d96584526/beta-Level4
http://www.esnips.com/doc/ec142585-6f24-4754-91d0-450df2a7ad99/beta-Level10
http://www.esnips.com/doc/9b1bb460-516e-40aa-ac80-50776d838d60/beta-Level12
http://www.esnips.com/doc/ab21c3dd-5611-49d8-8190-3a43e865c005/beta-Level1

Oh and there is music in XMP, it's unused in the levels but the tracks are there and you can play them via mutator eventually.
And I've got the con converted tracks already, to the ogg format, I dled it from somewhere.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
The beta Razorback sounded really different than the final version. It would fit in a trailer :B

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
I have no idea where that person who runs the site with these tracks originally got that track, it really wsn't included in the beta where was the other menu track and the firebr, maybe it was his mistake and that razorback was just some remix?

Leo(T.C.K.)

May 14, 2006
Not converted CONs, but more like put the songsections to one file and making a remix out of it, but for example acheron doesn't have all songsections in it etc.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
That Razorback track comes from Skaven's website.

Delacroix PMed me, and it looks like I'll be able to get all the betas.

I was thinking I might also use GAP to rip all the sounds. But I noticed that ripping all the UAX files doesn't give me certain sounds like Nali dialogue, the weapon sounds, etc. no one will use these anyway I'm sure, but if anyone can explain where the other sounds are, I may go ahead and do that for each game for inclusion.

I'll get the UT3 website music and hopefully track down that broken KR link. Maybe I can just e-mail the man himself.

Edit: There are also a few UMX files in the RoninMastaFX music pack that seem to come from Alexander Brandon and Michiel van den Bos, but I haven't come across them anywhere yet. If I still don't find them after getting these betas, I'll ask more about where those came from.

Last edited:

gades

The Grudge Master!
Nov 20, 2004
Behind you biatch!!
For UT99, quite a lot of the sounds are compiled into the *.u files. Like Botpack, UnrealI and UnrealShare.

It's still very possible to export them, just open these u files in UnrealED's sound browser, and export them like normal.
:cool:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
Yes, all others (and the main ones) are built-in, export with UnrealEd. You might need to reload those packages to get full ones, though. But not sure.

ZeaLitY

Modernaire
Feb 28, 2008
Just a status update...

The sounds rip is a go-ahead. For beta versions and demos, I'm using Duplicate Reader to eliminate the same files in the beta rips that appeared in the full game rips, so just the unique stuff is left (like the first Nali voice in the Unreal Beta).

I'm working on finishing UT2003 and U2 right now. Then I'll move on to UT2004 and try to use http://www.watto.org/extract/games.html on my ISOs for Unreal Championship and UCII.

Here are some music files that I don't have for UT2003 and U2. For U2, I haven't installed XMP yet, but UT2003 has all patches and bonus patches installed.

UT2003

* Level1
* Level4
* Level10
* Level12
* Level14

I still need to download the UT2003 beta demo and full beta (thanks a ton to Delacroix), so perhaps these will be in there.

Unreal 2

Duty Calls A DutyCallsA Cutscene before Swamp
Duty Calls B DutyCallsB Unknown
Game Over - Lose GameOverLose Game lost theme for XMP
Game Over - Win GameOverWin Game won theme for XMP

I don't have these. I'm sure I'll get GameOVerLose/Win once I install XMP, but I'm wondering why DutyCallsA and B are missing...anyone else have U2 installed and can check if these are present?

Edit: Also...

I'll PM RoninMastaFX about these too. Can anyone identify where these files came from? Ronin put it in his first music release, and I didn't see them in the U95 tech demo, UBeta, U, RTNP, UTBeta, or UT music sections...

Stardust.umx (doesn't play)
StilleNacht2.umx (one-sample guitar piece)
Survivor.umx (by Alexander Brandon from his Sandman days, no reference to Unreal)
WateryFowls.umx (named Unreal #8 by Michiel van den Bos; confusing because Unreal #8 is in the UBeta as the song that would become Mountain Base for RTNP)

Last edited: