A Game of Thrones

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Nevzat

Jan 28, 2009
Cyprus
So, yeah, no LSH, but what a great season! And now our watch for season 5 begins...

Yeah book readers hyped over it so much i dont think she will ever be in next seasons probably will be much different than books

this series needs to be much longer or need more episodes Because scenes starting
to feel like rushed out

10 episodes definetly not enough

HugoMarques

☆☆☆☆☆
Dec 14, 2010
Portugal
I don't think anything can top Season 1, but this one is a close second. What a great season.

I felt the scene where Tyrion kills Shae was underwhelming. It didn't seem realistic. She could reach for the rope instead of just having her arms flapping about. Also, you don't really get to see the motion when Tyrion jumps out of the bed while holding the rope. But that's just nitpicking on a completely excusable oversight. And the scene right after was fucking amazing.

And what the hell is Stannis doing on the wall?

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
Yeah book readers hyped over it so much i dont think she will ever be in next seasons probably will be much different than books

this series needs to be much longer or need more episodes Because scenes starting
to feel like rushed out
book readers hype themselves up about every little thing.
which is why I'm glad I'm not one of them and just enjoying what's on screen for its merit.

the series could never hope to cover the kind of real estate that GRRMartin does in the books and it never will. each episode would have to be 3 hours long - which I personally wouldn't mind but - which will never happen. and now lets recap.

Jojen - dead.
half the Nights Watch - dead.
2 / 3 dragons - locked up.
Shae - dead.
Tywin - dead, happy Father's Day.
Hound - probably dead.
Mountain - probably dead, depending on Dr. Frankenstein.
Tyrion - escaped, exiled, on the run.
Arya - alone, searching for the assassins who gave her the coin?
Stannis - bad ass as ever, lots of horses.
Wildlings - defeated? surrendered? joined Stannis??
Cersei - psycho cunt as ever.
Jaime - loves incest almost as much as his little brother.
Gendry - still paddling along.
Bran - still can't walk, might fly.
Baelish - bad ass Jew about to unleash his master plan.
Varys - everyone's favorite bald man with no dick, saving the day again.
Three Eyed Crow - old man who lives in a tree.
Children of the Forest - actually exist.
Hodor - HODOR!!!!!!!!!!!
Brienne - went Mike Tyson on the Hound, might have scared away Arya leaving her unsure who to trust.
Podrick - best fucking squire this side of anywhere.
The Roose - still loose as a goose, are the Bolton's still going to Winterfell?

ah well, guess it's back to prohibition-era Atlantic City while I wait for season 5...

Nucky_Thompson.jpg

Last edited:

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I'm glad I'm a book reader. You will never know the joy I got from reading these books (they actually got me to start reading other fantasy). We get hype because we invested a lot of time into something that means a lot to us (me). Try giving the books a shot and maybe you'll understand. Or not, whatever.

And what the hell is Stannis doing on the wall?

Because Mel told Stannis that's where the real war is.

The Roose - still loose as a goose, are the Bolton's still going to Winterfell?

Yes.

Last edited:

cryptophreak

unbalanced
Jul 2, 2011
Game of Thrones just went full LOST. Skeletons coming out of the ground, homeless children shooting blue exploding fireballs out of their hands, three-eyed birds changing into old dudes then saying weird shit and not explaining it. If the series finale is all the main characters in a bright room, ostensibly dead and not closing any plot threads, I’m going to kidnap George and send him on a plane from New York to Sydney.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm glad I'm a book reader. You will never know the joy I got from reading these books (they actually got me to start reading other fantasy). We get hype because we invested a lot of time into something that means a lot to us (me). Try giving the books a shot and maybe you'll understand. Or not, whatever.
I understand completely.
I just wish they'd shut up about book comparisons :p

the show can never be like the books. get over it (not you, but in general).
I didn't complain when Peter Jackson strayed away from JRRTolkien's material. just enjoyed it for what it was. and I'm not necessarily talking about you Al, or Renegade, or anyone here. it's just that same old sentiment every week that there's going to be something in the show that does not or can not live up to the content of the books.

which is perfectly fine with me.
I just wish book readers would stop mentioning it. it's like ok, we get it...

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I gotcha. I try to look at both of them as separate things, but with a story you love, sometimes that's a hard thing to do. I totally understand what you mean though. Book readers can be annoying about what the show did differently compared to the books.

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
here's something you and Ren would enjoy assuming you haven't already seen it 15 times. simple graph that breaks down episodes by the chapters in the books where they actually occurred. interesting how naturally the first seasons pull from the text, but look at how it jumps around by the time you get to seasons 3-4.

HUGE image with extreme detail screenshotted for your protection:
[screenshot]http://i.imgur.com/lceExOP.jpg[/screenshot]

rejecht

Attention Micronians
Jun 15, 2009
.no
sites.google.com
Crows before hoes

Winding down after episodes, CBG19 keeps me informed on the difference between the books and the show. I haven't read the books, so instead of a plain recap, I get bonus content.

[M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sObc3-0BJZQ[/M]

^ No spoilers ahead in the series, only comparisons for the episode in question.

Tooly

Jun 26, 2009
Stannis? Oh you will get Stannis all right. I stopped watching when they went off the story line. If you have read a few things lately around the net you might have heard this will worsen.

I tend to agree with the rumors. George will take his time on his books however he wants to. HBO will not wait. They want this to end in 7 seasons and that will be that. So I stopped watching 4 episodes ago and I wont watch any further.

Instead, I'm listening to the books for the second time around and taking my time. Not sure if George or myself will be around by the time he gets to book 7. Supposedly he doesn't even want it to end at book 7. Which means HBO will be ending this in the next 3 years no matter what George does or says.

I'm quoting myself because I like the sound of my own words.

HBO will soon run out of ideas and will make their own up so they can end it in 3 seasons. George will NOT give up any more info to HBO because if he does it will ruin it for the readers. What will be the purpose of reading his books then? No money in that.

HBO has just about used all the good shit from the next 2 books and according to Jack's graph you can see they have nothing but filler left to get to the end of the story. They have maybe one, one and a half good seasons of stuff from books 4 and 5 and then they have to make shit up if George doesn't release book 6 in the next year or so.

Already people are dead that shouldn't be and vice versa. Story lines have already drastically changed and new stuff has to be made up to match future episodes.

The graph is a great prediction for just how much difference there will be by the end of production and the end of the books. Which may be a good thing because you will get two very different stories. One that you can watch and one that you can read.

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
I need dis:

(Don't look if you're not up-to-date. Actually, if you're not up-to-date, why are you in this thread?)

d5ZTtvv.jpg

Al

Reaper
Jun 21, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
still, it's a long time to wait until next season... :(

and no I'm not going to start reading any of the books until the show has finished its run.

You wouldn't be disappointed if you did. I wasn't and was gonna do what you're doing (wait until the show ended). It was some of the best reading I've ever done.

Also, they're not THAT far ahead now.