Base Mutator List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Here's what I think we should ship with:

Arena Match - Start with a weapon right out of the gate. Options for infinite ammo, allow other weapons, etc.

Weapon Tweaking - Modify the stats and attributes of all weapons in the base game. Perhaps even some modded weapons too. Who knows?

Weapon Replacer - Switch which weapons and ammo are spawned on the map and on ones person. Can do random starting weapons and/or random map weapons.

Vehicle Tweaking - Modify the stats and attributes of the base vehicles in the game.

Vehicle Replacer - Switch which vehicles are spawned on the map. Can do random vehicles.

Item Tweaking - Modify the stats and attributes of all items in the base game.

Item Replacer - Switch which items are spawned on the map and whether or not to give certain items at spawn. Can do random map spawns and random starting items.

Player Tweaking - Modify the stats and attributes of all players.

Regeneration - Set whether or not you want to regenerate ammo, health, or adrenaline (if applicable) and if so, how much and for what kinds of weapons.

^^^^ All of these should have team variants in which all such team mutators can modify what's given and happens to each individual team.

Gravity - Set a static value or a random one which changes at specified time intervals. Overrides map settings.

Fatboy - Players get larger and slower or smaller and faster based on score.

Darkmatch - Darkens the map and gives everyone a light source.

Force Third Person - Self explanatory.

Force First Person - Self explanatory.

Relics - Spawns specified relics on map and can set how the spawn. Allows for starting relics, random or otherwise.

Team Relics - Same as above except this is its team variant.

Vampire - Makes players health drain. Harming other players heals you. Configurable. Can specify which teams have this.

Instagib - Give all players an Instagib rifle. Can specify if headshots are called out and if team colors are used.

Jetpack - Allow players to fly for a specified amount of time. Configurable. Can specify which teams have this.

Sprinting - Allow players to go faster when a button is held down. Can set whether weapons are lowered when doing this. Configurable. Can specify which teams have this.

Loadout System - Players are allowed select a loadout of weapons, and perhaps even also items and relics, and spawn with them. Can set if their loadout changes are done immediately, and if so, how many times they are able to do this before having to spawn again.

Store System - Points are earned though specified means. Points are spent to buy certain weapons, items, or relics the player wants. Can set it to "automatic buying" where the game automatically gives you specified things when you hit a certain goal.

And... that's all I got for now. It's quite the laundry list, I know, but each one of these should DEFINITELY be put in IMAO.

Last edited:

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I think some of those will depend on what Epic include.

Obviously I'm expecting to see Instagib out of the box along with Relics. I think some of those the community will pick up anyway.
The only mutator in here that will rely on something Epic may not include are the vehicles mutators and even then, that's a very slim chance.

Everything else should still be applicable.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
No. A thousand times No.
Why? Because you don't like third person? Let's not forget that it would be invaluable to melee weapon gameplay. (see: Jedi Knight series) HOWEVER, this mutator is assuming that third person will be done better than it was in UT99/2004.

Also you forgot:

UT Comp

UDamage Reward

No Superweapons

No Adrenaline

UTComp: That's actually a whole bunch of mutators and in-game GUI features rolled into one.

UDamage Reward: This is a good suggestion.

No Superweapons: Also a good suggestion.

No Adrenaline: We don't know at all if Adrenaline's gonna make it in.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
Why? Because you don't like third person? Let's not forget that it would be invaluable to melee weapon gameplay. (see: Jedi Knight series) HOWEVER, this mutator is assuming that third person will be done better than it was in UT99/2004.

No. Because UT is a fast-paced twitch FPS & 3rd person cameras never show you what you need to be looking at when it matters & get blocked by geometry/allow you to see around geometry you ordinarily wouldn't.
Also and this might just be me but the camera swinging around outside of my control can sometimes induce motion sickness.

You're right about No Adren, I just put it in as it was in my stock 2kx mutator list.

N1ghtmare

Sweet Dreams
Jul 17, 2005
Where least expected
Its just a mutator man, its not like every server will be running 3rd person. Not every server will be running super-low gravity or instagib or weapon tweaking where every gun is nerfed in the wrong way.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
The UT2004 mutator "UDamage Reward" actually is the standard behavior in UT3: if you die, you drop all your powerups - and I think that's the way it should be. It is also the standard behavior in other games, such as Quake.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
No. Because UT is a fast-paced twitch FPS & 3rd person cameras never show you what you need to be looking at when it matters & get blocked by geometry/allow you to see around geometry you ordinarily wouldn't.
Also and this might just be me but the camera swinging around outside of my control can sometimes induce motion sickness.

It's really not meant for normal UT gameplay. As I said, it's meant for mods that have a melee weapon or weapons such as ChaosUT's Bastard Sword. Also, possible cover system mods.

And I changed my mind about the No Superweapons. I just remembered that that can be done with the Weapon Replacer.

Cadaver

Feb 9, 2011
I think thefirst group you listed could be easily configurated into the Arena Match mutator, the WormBo one contained a lot of things.

No powerups and no X should be into the Arena Match too, seems a pretty cool list

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
I think thefirst group you listed could be easily configurated into the Arena Match mutator, the WormBo one contained a lot of things.

No powerups and no X should be into the Arena Match too, seems a pretty cool list
Best to keep everything as separate as possible so one can be more specific with how they want to "mutate" the game. It also leads to less menu clutter and less possibly long loading times when opening the mod config options.

No powerups can be done through the Item Replacer and I don't know what "No X" is. And thank you.

Definitely, for a good chunk of these, I was inspired to put them in from past brilliant community mutators and mods. Namely,

1. Stuffswapper (UT99)
2. Arena Match (UT99)
3. Eavy Darkmatch (UT99)
4. TweakTool (UT2004)
5. Advanced Regeneration (UT2004)
6. Ballistic Loadout (UT2004)

May credit go out where credit is very much due.

KaL976

*nubcake*
Nov 28, 2003
Cardiff | UK
Visit site
It's really not meant for normal UT gameplay. As I said, it's meant for mods that have a melee weapon or weapons such as ChaosUT's Bastard Sword. Also, possible cover system mods.

And I changed my mind about the No Superweapons. I just remembered that that can be done with the Weapon Replacer.

Fair enough.

Arnox

UT99/2004 Mod Crazy
Mar 26, 2009
Beyond
Plus the ability to change the game speed as well as the air control.

Game Speed is modified in the gametype options. It could be a mutator instead though I guess. Air Control would fall under Player Tweaking.

The proverbial cart preceding the horse?

Well, if you really want to think about it like that, this entire sub-forum is preceding the horse.