Mod that makes UT3 like UC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

aussj4link

Jan 19, 2011
Hi. Back in the day when my Xbox still worked I used to play Unreal Championship and I really loved it. UT3 is a lot like UC however there are some major differences that I think made UC better. One is of course the difference between every race and character. The Robots of course could jump very high but sacrificed speed or health and armor max's for it. Juggernauts were hard to kill because of their high starting health and high armor and health maximums but they seriously lacked speed making them easy to hit. And of course my favorite was the aliens (can't remember the actual name), They sacrificed health and armor stats for raw speed making them very difficult to hit. Also all characters in every race had a proficiency with a specific weapon, whether they did more damage with that weapon, gained more ammo for it from ammo boxes, or fired the gun faster and they always spawned with that weapon.

I was wondering if there was a mod or a combination of mods that could make UT3 more like this, if there is I would be very grateful for it. Any help on this is greatly appreciated, thanks!

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
UT3, not that I know of. UT2004, yes, the mod is called "Species Stats Plus", but you have to do adjustments for that yourself. Thankfully the settings are in the game already.

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
Since you want the UC experience back, then UT2k4 should be the right game for you - same style of gameplay (weapons/characters/maps are almost the same), and it got the Species Stats modifier as a mutator.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The Epic-made Species Stats is what you're looking for. The only problem with it is that the Nightmare vampire ability doesn't work right. I have a mutator somewhere around that fixes just that, but I'd have to look for it since I never released it.

SSP is based on my original Custom Species Stats mutator and has a lot more functionality. It's worth trying out since I never got a working UI for CSS on 2k4.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Does anyone tried ported UC to the PC platform? I've seen source code... That should be not too hard.

Last edited:

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
It's pointless since it's another UT2k3. If anything try to port UC2 instead which is different and also good.

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
because the porter needs xbox+UC2 and PC+UT2 and needs time to do all this stuff and mapping skills too. And thats only for the maps.
UC2 has melee combat so a coder is required for this project.

I would like to see more UC2 content on my PC. and I think everyone does.

There are few isolated maps around (and probably some weapons). Oh, the models are converted already! Get those!

UT2 is so damn great after it has
- UC2 models
- U2 weapons (I'd still like those remaining ones. Oh, Great Emerald will you make those remaining U2 weapons usable too.)
- SpeciesStatsPlus mutator. With heavy tweaking. In my games the juggs are walking turrets speed=50%, damageres=150%, spawns with RL and 100shield. Other races are tweaked accordingly.

The above mods increase the overall playability of UT2 dramatically. While some may dislike the highly different classes, I enjoy them. The overall strategies are different between races if for example a genmokai gets your flag, you better get a hit before it runs, because you aren't catching that, while a juggernaut has more trouble exiting the base.
Then again in DM, you don't want to face Gorge!

UBerserker

old EPIC GAMES
Jan 20, 2008
There was a project named UC2004 which was supposed to do that, but it was cancelled.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
I don't say it will be ease... I never playd, but if belive that species stats (...like XMP to me) is so different, well i think it's good idea to do this.
U2 weapons..? I made my own mod with oryginal code... Eg. GL work in the same way like in U2.

Last edited:

GreatEmerald

Khnumhotep
Jan 20, 2008
Lithuania
There already is a project for porting all kinds of stuff from UC over at Epic games forums (UCBP), including the weapons. UC2 weapons could also be ported, but it will take some time. If nobody takes it, I think I will once I'm done with the next version of Unreal II weapons.

DeusIX, I can't give you any more weapons unless I have the animations for them. And they are in .GEM format. So unless someone is willing to go through the instructions of importing it to Blender, I'm afraid we won't have any luck with it.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
Check this link.
Like i said, this version has no animation support, but its ease to do. At the bottom of script i allready find all headers. Just i don't heave time to finish it, but if you want - feel free.

Last edited:

DeusIX

Engineer
Mar 22, 2009
Winland
Well... that's cool!
Personally I could live without animations (alpha-weapon), if the functionality is there.

but VendorX do you ever have time to make this support animations so that GreatEmerald could do some magick?

I really have no skills when it comes to this, but seeing finished U2 weapons this close... makes me happy and anxious.

VendorX

Aug 2, 2010
BXL/Paris
I've exported Nali_Slaughter_Model from UC2 and... Jesus, people... This is not even UT quality - OK maby the same, but where is those 'GRATE MODELS'? 2704-faces, 1942-vertices... Skeleton - 12 bons... Bon like 'Bip01 R Hand' even egsist. What is this..? A joke?