TF2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think we'd need a scheduled time to play on your server. Mainly, just asking people to join the server on the forum when you're playing "Hey guys we're playing right now!" has shown ineffective.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well the best we've had on there is 5 people - 4 BUFers and a pub.

I'm going to shoot for Tuesday night TF2, at 8pm Eastern Time. Join #bufunite on irc.enterthegame.com for more information and a gathering place. If you have friends who play TF2, bring 'em along!

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I joined as spec the other night cause I couldn't play right away. I typed a couple messages saying I'd be on in an hour or so, maybe you couldn't see them cause I was spectating?

I'm a big fan of default respawns, unless of course there are only a few people playing like you mentioned. Here are some custom maps that I've enjoyed playing, maybe you can pick some out:

Control Point Maps:
-Switchback
-Labor
-Castle
-Warpath

CTF:
-Mach4
-Chaos
-Turbine

I have put these maps on the server. However, the map rotation doesn't seem to follow the mapcycle.txt file so I need to look into this. Resources for server administration for this game are not really good.

Tomorrow 8PM GMT -5:00? Fine with me.
Actually, it's GMT - 4 hours due to Daylight Savings Time in the U.S. At least until theirs kicks in or something. ;)

Mozi

Zer0 as a number
Apr 12, 2002
In the Borderlands..
www.mozidesign.com
I hate it when people don't listen during a game...

In a game I played last night, I requested an engineer to set up a dispenser and turret on the last control point so that me and my buddy could torch the surrounding area constantly light up some spies.

Douche bag ran past us each time he respawned to go die again...

Though we constantly kept torching and running back for ammo at the resupply, we eventually got back stabbed... and lost the point thus losing the round. :(

Next round we had a better engineer that listened and actually helped the team than doing his own thing...

Anyways... I am usually online now more often (Due the lack of UT 3 and GoW online games). I saw Kantham on the friends list last night but to tired to start another game. Arranging a time is good but I'll probably miss it. So if you see me online and want to play just shoot me a message. Steam ID is mozi.ld. I'll join up if I am not in a game already.

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Well, if you European chaps want to organize your own play time on the server that would be fine by me :)

Gundato

Wangosaurus Rex
Feb 26, 2002
In a Nuclear Missile Silo
I found someone who was willing to buy HL2 and Ep1 for 10 bucks. Well, actually, I kind of forced him to buy it in exchange for paying me for tutoring him (I am offended by the concept of being forced to pay for a game I already own), so I am going to be purchasing the murderer box sometime today or tomorrow.

If I have time tomorrow, I'll try and join you with my horrid n00bishness.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Yeah Mozi, I once played engineer, and did almost every request some team players asked me, I think 3 random players send me a friend request after the match. So it's a common thing to appreciate a good engineer lol.

What pissed me off the most so far is a spy busting my teleport slot, like for example, you're a heavy that urge to take position in the enemy sewers where the teleporter end is, and that ****ing spy comes in and bust your place. A spy using teleporters is basically like a retard with a flashy "I'm a spy FYI!" banner over his head.

FlashIV

King of the Impossible
Oct 30, 2005
Illi-noise
I was getting some packetloss or some type of lag when I jumped on the other day. It was empty and I was just running around 2fort. I was trying to do some sticky jumps but my timing was way off for some reason. Occaisionally the grenades would shoot a half second or so after I clicked and running around the map just felt wierd in spots. I think my ping was about 40. I'll have to check it out again, hopefully when there are some people on.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I was getting some packetloss or some type of lag when I jumped on the other day. It was empty and I was just running around 2fort. I was trying to do some sticky jumps but my timing was way off for some reason. Occaisionally the grenades would shoot a half second or so after I clicked and running around the map just felt wierd in spots. I think my ping was about 40. I'll have to check it out again, hopefully when there are some people on.

You were on while I was uploading the maps to the server :D

Just a reminder, I'm trying to organize people to get on the server and play around 8pm EDT (GMT - 4 for the time being) tonight!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
It's just as bad as medic's healing friendly spies as they sneak around the level... look here is our spy, get him!

Yeah, I had to write down once to that medic who was healing me asking him to stop. Sometimes they do it to me when I'm on the bridge in 2fort, then release it before I enter the enemy base, it's a little risky for the extra health. And pretty much useless overall for the fact that once you're spotted you're basically done or you get your way out alive trying to find a safe place then get another camo.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Aye, crap, I completely forgot, I'm joining now.
EDIT: Server crashed. :confused:

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Not sure at what point that way, but I restarted it once and one of the map changes made it restart instead of just loading a new map.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Ah ok then. That was it (We were playing CP_Well). GGs, I had a few lag issues but the server was alright. We just need to get some more nights like this, could be fun.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
Ah ok then. That was it (We were playing CP_Well). GGs, I had a few lag issues but the server was alright. We just need to get some more nights like this, could be fun.

Agreed. I am going to submit a ticket about a couple of things. My biggest issue is that if I send an rcon command to restart the server the damn thing takes 2-3 minutes to come back up.

Anyway, good times last night! It was good to get people up and running on the server. Between the BUF crowd and my roommate and some of the members of his clan we had I guess 9-10 people playing which was good. I'd like to make this a weekly thing if not more, at least Tuesday nights :p