Will UC tempt you to buy an X-box?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I think that's just for playing together over XBL, which means that some games are probably going to be released for BOTH systems for a while.

dude2425

Apr 29, 2005
MeStinkBAD said:
The next Xbox will NOT be backwords compatible! Totally different arcitecture. Current Xbox is based on an x87 chipset. The next one will use PowerPC.
x86. There's no such thing as an x87.
Sorry for the correction, I'm just a little bored right now.

Anyway, I can just borrow my little bro's xbox for a while. He never uses it for anything anyway.
Just wish the little bastard had xbox live.

ChampionHyena

Thank you for not melting!
Sep 26, 2004
Here. What are you, stupid?
Hmm, I think UC2 might inspire me to get an OH WAIT I ALREADY HAVE ONE

I just can't ****in' TELL because it likes to stop working at random intervals. Don't tell me the CD is scratched, you black and green whore, I JUST BOUGHT THE GAME!

*runs screaming into the night*

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
the x87 was the coprocessor for 386 level cpu generation that was integrated in the 386DX chips, adding a co-proc to the SX chips allowed for 'serious' improvement in mathematical power. They still existed at the 486 level but were totally phased out for Pentiums.

So even though there was an x87, you're still talking out yer arse.

x87 got absorbed into x86 long ago, and the x86 internal architecture has been becoming less and less cisc for years, whilst still maintaining instructional compatability.

/me remembers when his father bought a co-proc...

rajput_warrior

The World's Favorite Flak Monkey
Feb 26, 2004
BC, Canada
i got just an xbox mainly for halo and the sports game, but then i remembered uc2 and i really want that game, since i don't have a pc anymore, i really miss unreal