UT2kX CTF-GauntletClassic-UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal4Eva

BioHazard!
May 19, 2009
Here is the latest update to my map ported from UT99.

Tools used:
UnrealEd 2.1
UnrealEd 3.0
UT3 Map Converter

Requirements:
Unreal Tournament 2004

Installation:
Unrar CTF-GauntletClassic-UT99.rar into your UT2004 directory.

---------
Improvements
---------
No more collisions in the flag room where the pillars are.
Lifts now have the original sounds.
Doors now have original sounds.
Lava locatated in the bottom updated.
Detailed textures have been added to the embedded UT textures (thanks meowcat and Jefe) and all static meshes have been updated.
Lamps with new shaders.

Credits:
Go to the original Author of the map Cliffy B.
GreatEmerald: For helping me succeed in making the map.
Jefe: For lessons on Vortex Edits.
Wormbo: For his advise on scaling the map.
Sly: For the help of teaching me how to scale the map the right way.
meowcat: For letting me know of the collision glitches in the flag rooms That's solved.
and
Epic Games.

-----------
Permissions
-----------

You MAY NOT commercially exploit this map, i.e. put it on a CD or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without our explicit permission!

You MAY distribute this map through any electronic network (Internet, FIDO, Magazine Covers, local BBS, etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive intact.

----------------
Copyright Notice:
----------------

Unreal Tournament 2004 (c) 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008 Epic Games, Inc. and Digital Extremes. All Rights Reserved. Unreal and the Unreal logo are registered trademarks of Epic Games, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners.

Download Map:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/unripfzf8s5mwx7/CTF-GauntletClassic-UT99.rar

Carbon

Altiloquent bloviator.
Mar 23, 2013
Looks great mate! Thanks for your work...very much appreciated.

Downloading now.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Great port of the Iron Gauntlet!

True to the original (lots of stuff the same) with classic CTF gameplay and tight spots and scaled up nicely for UT2004. This one has more details and also uses the new UT2004 engine stuff to make the map look better. I was surprised in this one as the bots really can defend, but not for long. My team won 3-1 in the first battle. I also forgot how tough the original UT bots could be and my team could not defend well in that version (on original UT map) until Loque was on my team.;)

Note: there is another UT2004 version by quick[fd] (aka Ken) (CTF-Gauntlet][) and it changes some tex/meshes, adds pipe details to ceilings and other details, has appropriate stained glass and scaled-up, etc. Bots seem tougher in this version from the CUMP pack, but it could also be the draw I got.

Hellkeeper

Soulless Automaton
Feb 16, 2014
France
hellkeeper.net
Note: there is another UT2004 version by quick[fd] (aka Ken) (CTF-Gauntlet][) and it changes some tex/meshes, adds pipe details to ceilings and other details, has appropriate stained glass and scaled-up, etc. Bots seem tougher in this version from the CUMP pack, but it could also be the draw I got.

There is also a remake of Gauntlet by Alkazex in the Flag Pack 2. It's the same layout but redecorated while staying true to the original.

Last edited:

Unreal4Eva

BioHazard!
May 19, 2009
There is also a remake of Gauntlet by Alkazex in the Flag Pack 2. It's the same layout but redecorated while staying true to the original.

I'm just glad mine was meant to be a direct port not a "remake" ;) I will check his map out later.

I had a 4 on 4 red vs blue battle going on in the map, my team on the red teams always defended the flag but that just 2 bots, me and another bot was offending. Us red came out on top with 5 while the blue scored 4. It was very tense game with bots skill set on Masterful. I also have CTF-Gauntlet][ by Ken, it's a good map :D

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Yep, got the review, but I didn't say much for some reason:
CTF-FP2-Gauntlet-Classic > from Flag Pack II; like the custom music and classic layout and I like the upgrades for UT2004; bots could be a little better though (mine can actually defend this time though).

Maybe I just felt like doing quick reviews of those maps from the pack at the time.;)

Unreal4Eva

BioHazard!
May 19, 2009
I think I have that Map Pack too and its a great Gauntlet map in it :) .
Can someone upload this map to other Unreal sites such as UTZone and Mapraider or some other UT content site?