Steam Trading and Key Drop

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
In the current Steam beta, you can now trade gifts and TF2 items for other peoples gifts and tf2 items. I've done one trade and it was pretty slick. If anyone has anything on my wishlist and wants some or all of Valve's games except for L4D2 and Portal 2, let me know. You can see what people have to trade by going to their profile and clicking "View Inventory".

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
They've temporarily made it so you can't view others' inventory. On the plus side, though, you can now buy gifts and just leave them in your inventory instead of sending them to someone.

funkblast

I posted in the RO-me thread
and all I got was
a pink username!
Aug 4, 2001
California
Visit site
i dont have death match classic so you can give me that and in return i will give you nothing for it

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
1: Create idle accounts (they're cheap)
2: Set up virtual machines
3: Get tons of stuff
4: Get virtually free video games

inferyes

Spaced In
Aug 16, 2009
I have a bunch of vintage hats from back when I use to play TF2 when it was good... can I turn that into IL2 Cliffs of Dover?

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
I have a friend who has 2 idle accounts + his main account. He probably 5 hours a week just trading in TF2. He's basically a master trader, some of the things he can pull off are simply amazing.

I doubt there's a fortune to be made, but certainly, with enough finesse, you could probably get your hands on some unusual hats, and for them you can probably get a game or two.

To put it into perspective, an unusual hat is approximately worth 200-250 dollars, that is, the amount of money you'd need to pay for keys to open crates.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't play TF2 so what's the deal with the craze about hats? What makes them so important to some people? I can understand the cosmetic aspect, but if it's just that... o_O Two-hundred dollars? huh.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
Oh I'm sure you could get a few free games :) But I don't know that you could make a "job" out of it.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
won't this encourage people to try to hack accounts?

Steam is very secure actually, with that new feature they added a while ago. Hackers need to know your account name, your password, what email you have bound to your steam account and the password for that email. You never have to login manually, so a keylogger won't help.

On top of that, getting a hijacked account back is very easy. Usually it's just a matter of proving who you are, perhaps show a video game serial key or two and then your credit card information is also pretty strong.

Last edited:

Bort

nou
May 7, 2003
Mexico
www.mexfrag.net
For free: Zombie Shooter, Portal
For trade: Rush, Defense Grid
For trade or $5: Dawn of War 2: Gold (accidentally bought 2 keys from Amazon)

hal, if you still have that DoW key I take it, add me on Steam, should be on in like 2 or 3 hours.

I can send you the $5 Paypal or in Steam gaymes.

Also, whoever has TF2 items and don't play the game, I can get you games for them. Just leave your ID or backpack.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/mexfrag

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Invite sent. Paypal is fine. Also looking for Bastion or the new Defense Grid DLC - both are $4.99, so that could be a good trade. Whatever works best. I just hate to see it go to waste.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
I still have a bunch from the Potato Sack a while ago that needs to find a new home.

Killing Floor (hot now because of the Twisted Christmas event)
Audiosurf
Defense Grid (hot now because of the Portal You Monster expansion)
Rush
The Ball
Super Meat Boy.

These ones are particularly tough to give away, since a lot of you would have all those games.

There's no set trades I want for the game(s), but I'll entertain any offer, and go on from there. As with hal, I would hate to see these games go to waste in my inventory.