A thread for spending currency only for greatly discounted electronic transactions

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Vaskadar

It's time I look back from outer space
Feb 12, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, FL
I've met the creative director that did RF:A, he went to the school I'm going to, but he wasn't the creative director for RF:G.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
RF:A is an excellent game, it's just not an open world game. The pacing of the plot and the combat in RF:A are MUCH better than Guerrilla in almost every way. That said, I was able to finish RF:A quickly whereas I kept losing focus in Guerrilla and haven't even finished the game. Still, worth $2.50? More than.

dragonfliet

I write stuffs
Apr 24, 2006
New Batman game is 20% ($10) off if you own the previous or the lego version. Both Arkham Asylum and the lego one are each $10.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values

Yeah; it's running on some half-baked engine with a 3 in the name. ;)

Seriously; I thought the game play was bit linear after a couple of hours of play:

Then I realised that I was probably still in the training level as I hadn't reached the island surface. :lol:

The game has great atmosphere. I am looking forward to getting some more equipment on my utility belt......

batman-utility-belt.jpg

NRG

Master Console Hater
Dec 31, 2005
You mean good? :p
If by good you mean well, then sure. :p The game is pure console port (even L4D2 suffered from some of that) but it's kind of hard to compare the games. Dead Island is sandbox worlds, mostly melee and some shooting. L4D is all linear levels with mostly shooting and some melee. L4D focuses a lot on co-op and it's relatively lighthearted. Dead Island tries to be sentimental (and fails miserably) but doesn't really need the co-op aspect.

I'm having fun with it but once I'm done I'll probably forget about it.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
I played it for about an hour and then forgot about it. It's trying too hard to be an FPS version of House of the Dead (plus melee).