Knife making anyone?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Thrash123

Obey Leash Laws
Jul 19, 1999
Nowhere to be found.
www.classicwfl.com
You can get some great kits to start out with. My dad (we won't go into anything about why, or who my dad is) gave me and all of his sons and step sons a hand-made knife (from a kit). This one had some kind of bone handle - it's really a very nice knife. Kits seem to work well for starting out.

anaemic

she touch your penis?
Jan 7, 2002
london, uk
hmm depends how far you want to go in your knife making - if oyurr looking at taking a blade shapedpiece of metal then sharpening and making a handle i havent got mucch to say

however im personally looking for courses in blacksmithing and forge working myself so i can make the whole hog... there should be a national association of blacksmiths in your country who you could google and theyll have contact info or if your lucky listings of courses.

if your just slightly interested id still recomend goign on a one or two day intensive course :)

MP_Lord_Kee

Mar 7, 2003
Visit site
Good luck Eliwar, bow making is an excellent hobby and the feeling you get from shooting the first arrow from your own made bow is one of extreme satisfaction :)

Dunno about knifes myself that much other than I had a local blacksmith to forge me a throwing knife.
Didn't cost me that much and it took him about 30 mins to do it. If I had time I'd get into blacksmithing myself...alas, no time so guess it will be yet another dream not come true.

//Kee

M_O_DJerry

Sep 21, 2002
Kassel, Germany
Visit site
Hey Scythe, found a pic , it shows the grip I made.
It's not that beautiful, I know, but it was an experiment. And I didn't have to pay for the carbon prepreg ;) (this grip costs about 40 $ just for the material). The advantage is, it fits perfectly into my right hand (cause I used it as pattern). The blade is from Mora, Finland, a skinner-type blade ( I tried to find a hompage of them, but ... alas...). The metal piece to prevent the forefinger slip onto the blade (don't know the english word, in german it is "Parierstange") i made myself, too.

Attachments

• Messer.jpg
    Messer.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 31