XWW2 (Bf42 realism mod) to include Iron Sights in next patch (but needs help)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
Some of you may remeber me pimping the Realism mod for Battlefield 1942 around he forums a bit but I thought you'd all be interested to hear the team is trying to implement iron sights into their next release (3.0), however they are in serious need of coders, so if any of you are interested in helping to bring realism and iron sights to Bf1942 please PM me and i'll put you in contact with a team memeber, or you could probably try to contact one on your own by visiting the sight http://s9rm.nucleardays.com/index.php

})FA|Snake

Aug 5, 2000
Visit site
hmm was working the morning, my bookmark in IE is showing up with a 404 too, looks like site is down

[Edit: oh and it defintly is possible to iron sights, they already have them in the game on the stationary machine guns, when I say trying, I mean getting all the work done]

Last edited by a moderator:

Lightzout

Infiltration Player
Apr 16, 2001
San Rafael, California
Visit site
Hey Snake

Try posting in the SK forums too. We have a big BF1942 contingent and quite a few guys are getting into mapping and modding. Best of luck too because Iron Sights and realistic movement sppeds could make BF very very interesting...where does one start to learn how to alter the games code?