Diablo III

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
... much to the sorrow (and sometimes wrath) of gamers who had ditched work or school in order to play the game.

Hahaha, that's too bad.

You skip something important to play a video game, it doesn't go the way you expected it to, deal with it.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
^Happy as shit?

Xnk00.gif

|              |                   |
       |       Runic's face when    |
        \_____________________/
                         |
                Diablo 3 fans

My face:
gInZb.gif

Last edited:

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
TBH SC2s campaign sucked. The game was basically SC 1.5 with some new units for multiplayer. Blizzard has really gone downhill since WoW.

I'm sure people will be dedicated to both, for different reasons. Like Diablo 2 vs Brood War. Still, I think D3 will be too shallow and will get boring long term. At least SC2 has that competitive aspect that can keep things fresh for a long time.

The whole thing here is that with both of these games Blizzard's #1 priority has been to provide an update without ruining what was great about the original. In that respect they've done an amazing job. The core fans of the games still love them. All they really did was breathe new life into old communities. You don't hear the same crap you do here where large swaths of the community think the devs ruined the series.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Maybe the addictive aspect of the Diablo series they managed to keep, but still, I was a core fan of the Diablo series and I don't love d3. :p Oh well, I can't do anything about it, just move on and hope for something else like Torchlight 2. :D

Kind of makes sense this way too since Torchlight 2 has the D1 and D2 devs working on it and Diablo 3 has only new people working on it. I guess it's to be expected.

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
So, I like this game; but this online-only shit was the worst idea. The worst. Also I beat Normal in 18 1/2 hours, going at a fairly brisk pace but by no means speed-running.

Everyone who is giving this game anything less than an average score is butthurt by the online-only. It's a solid online game with a disastrous launch.

TWD

Cute and Cuddly
Aug 2, 2000
Salt Lake City UT
members.lycos.co.uk
It took me 8 hours to beat the first act, and I make sure I explore every area and kill every monster. To beat the game on the highest difficulty though will take some effort I'm sure.

Also, while I still think that sometimes things look a little WarCraft-ish, whoever said this game wasn't going to be dark enough was just plain wrong. I remember those long nights playing in the dark. Always thinking there might be something else in the room with me. Those torture levels have every bit of that feeling and more. I hope it continues to get darker in the other chapters.

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Just beat the game on Normal and started on Nightmare straight away :p

Ended at level 33 with 23h45m on the clock. Everything was amazing. Now the journey to level 60 and epic lootz continues. :)

You just spent 24 hours out of 72 total playing a video game. Go outside.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Anyone else feels like the linear design of this game is kind of problematic in the long run? I've seen Torchlight and Path of Exile work on different things to solve this problem.

Slainchild

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2004
London, Ontario
www.slainchild.com
Anyone else feels like the linear design of this game is kind of problematic in the long run? I've seen Torchlight and Path of Exile work on different things to solve this problem.

You're going to have to elaborate on what you mean here. The only linear part about the game is progression of the story quests. Everything in-between is randomized every time you start a game, including dungeon layouts, enemy spawns, random events, etc.

Sjosz

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Dec 31, 2003
Edmonton, AB
www.dregsld.com
Found out yesterday morning that running my internet connection directly from modem to PC instead of through my router makes it so the game doesn't constantly disconnect, and then found out it was 2:30 AM all of a sudden and I'd just beaten act 2 on Normal. When it works, this game is awesome.