Civilians in INF

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
E

Excelsiore

It would be pretty interesting and realistic to have civilians in INF. You couldn't take them hostage but they would stroll about, hide in buildings and try to run away when fired at.

The number of civilians would be dictated by the number of soldiers, ie 1 civi for every soldier, ie 8 civi's in a 16 player game.

If you killed a civilian the team(ie the killer) would get -5 or -10 frags.
Since this would obviously encourage civilian killers just like we have teamkillers i suggest that when you kill a civilian (or team member for that matter) you have to sit out the next round(sort of like miss a turn card in board games).

Why this isn't going to happen though is obvious.
1)Requires new civilian models
2)Requires civilian spawn points on maps
3)Will effect performance.

Didn't see anything like this when i searched the forums or in the roadmap.
But it would be cool though.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.

E

Excelsiore

The simple solution

When I think about it there is actually a pretty easy way of doing this that only requires civilian models and some modifying of the bot code.

You could make it so that every map has 2x8=16 civilians that spawn at the player spawn points. For each player that joins you subtract 1 civilian so a 16 player game would have no civilians. You could make it so that the civilians just flee from the soldiers at spawn. I don't think this is too unrealistic either since it's not unheard of that the military uses civilian contacts in a war zone. Wouldn't kill performance either since the server always only has to look after 16 players/actors.

That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger.