Video hints please

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Phalanx

Oct 11, 2000
Visit site
Now I know this question been beat into the ground, but it never hit till today. Which is better for framerate and visual performance in UT. D3D or OPENGL? I have a Riva TNT2 Ultra Viper 770. I have been running in D3D, but I have seen alot about OPENGL. If I am reading it right, I can increase my performance with OPENGL on a non-geforce chipset? I.E. my TNT2. What do I need to do if this is true? I keep hearing about loki's OPENGL drivers. BTW I am using WIN98SE. Any links and/or advice would be helpful. If it is not a big increase then oh well. UT runs great on my TNT2. I am just not really impressed with some of the video glitches D3D has with my card. I.E. Non-transparent shields. Yes I have the latest drivers for everything.

Do_Or_Die

Aug 1, 2000
Loki driver

Here's where you can get the Loki OpenGL driver:

http://www.lokigames.com/~vogel/UT/

It should help to make OpenGL run faster for you. Make sure you look under the Known Problems section because they have a line you need to add to your UnrealTournament.ini for TNT and TNT2 users.