No full screen in UT99 GOTY + Win7

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

lyngeled

Dec 22, 2012
Hi,
I have a problem not being able to run UT 99 GOTY in full screen. It was like that from the start, but had found 1 or 2 description which that at least one of did make it work. But now I have reinstalled UT 99 GOTY and cannot find these descriptions, and I have used all night yesterday to search for them, but with no result.

As I remember or still can see, I changed the unrealtournament.ini in the Engine.Engine chapter. And I think is was in the following lines I changed the value to maybe "D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice":

GameRenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice
WindowedRenderDevice=SoftDrv.SoftwareRenderDevice
RenderDevice=GlideDrv.GlideRenderDevice

Then the other thing which am more sure of I did was: made a shortcut file UT and edit the properties for it, changing Run to Maximized (under Shortcut), checked "Run this program in compability mode for:" to Windows XP (Service Pack 3) and checked "disable desktop composition"

I don't which made it work last time, but I cannot get it right this time.

Regards
Lars

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
Try this (I'm using it for my 24" widescreen):

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1024
WindowedViewportY=768
WindowedColorBits=32
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
FullscreenColorBits=32

lyngeled

Dec 22, 2012
Try this (I'm using it for my 24" widescreen):

[WinDrv.WindowsClient]
WindowedViewportX=1024
WindowedViewportY=768
WindowedColorBits=32
FullscreenViewportX=1920
FullscreenViewportY=1200
FullscreenColorBits=32

Thank you!
That worked. All the other thing did nothing, I have set them back and use it as normal.

(I have not tried OpenGL. Yet)

regards