XMP CBP BETA Fix List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

RaptoR

been here far too long
May 7, 2000
UK
www.androidcentral.com
A quick list of stuff that needs to be fixed...

- Emerald: foggigy
- Emerald: redesign bases so they're more open (reeps?)
- Islands: move fog further back to avoid excessive base sniping
- Kanimari: fix mislabelled Landmark in red node
- Asunder: add some more generators

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
i think the number of generators is fine, but i would say there is something that needs to be fixed on asunder.

i was just dodging out of the left (looking from the outside to the base) entrance of the red base with an artifact and i ended up here.

hmmpf ... why can i not use the 'manage attachments' button and add a 36KB jpg file?!, bah

asunder-bug.jpg

cyb

Dec 15, 2003
ahh, btw, wouldn't it be better to have one (sticky) thread for each map, instead letting people open new threads all over the place?

MBot

Jan 31, 2004
I just wanted to tell you about the CBP Beta. I was wondering about the language of the installation-file. "Esperanto" is actually not a language people are used to talk. "Esperanto" is a language that has been invented by a small group of people, it's not a historical language, a tribe has developed through history. Once some wiered professor dr.dr something wanted to invent a language, that all europeans were able to understand and talk. So he took most common words from France, Spain, Portugal, Italy and England and combined them as a new language, he called "Esperanto" ... I personally do not know anybody who can understand that language. Well, as I read it, I can guess what it means!

As you took "Esperanto" as installation-language, you might also take "Latin". I think more people in Europe can talk "Latin", than "Esperanto" ... But OK, it was quite funny and it's just a betaversion, so you can change this for the final!

Cutedge

Dec 9, 2003
I mentioned this in another thread but I'll post here for the sake of it getting read:

Vehicles can drive through the poles under the bridges and there is at least one tree that you can drive through as well. Not a big issue, but bizarre because you can't go through them while just walking.

Daedalus

I don't even...
May 24, 2001
Pittsburgh
www.beyondunreal.com
The Hell beta runs like crap if I'm behind a base, my frames drop from like 60 to 10 in a blink of an eye.
specs:
Athlon XP 2600+ Barton OCed to 2.08Ghz
Radeon 9700 Pro
512 MB of RAM
nForce 2 Mobo

Dangler

~LXG~
Jan 20, 2001
Bellevue, WA.
Visit site
It's because there aren't any antiportals in the map, well
he thought he was putting them in there, but he went about it the wrong way.
there are like 250,000 static mesh triangles in view at times :eek:
Nice looking map though.
You don't want to go above 100,000 to 120,000 in extreme cases.
at least with the current hardware.
A good playable balance is 60,000 to 80,000 and even with a Radeon 9800 maxed out that will only give you approx 35-45 frames (give and take) in a full game with vehicles and gunfire everywhere.
Emerald seems to lag as well, alot of spots where i'm seeing 100,000 plus in the open and staring out from the bases.
You can hit these numbers, but not if you've got terrain with and additional 10,000+ triangles as well.