Tutorial Categories

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Should tutorials be organized by content or by game?

• Content! (Weapons, AI, Effects)

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Game! (Unreal, UT, Unreal2, Warfare)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
Okay, the old style of CHiMERiC organized the tutorials into categories based on their target (AI, Weapons, etc) but when I changed the design back in Nov. 2000 I altered the categories to just General, Unreal, and Unreal Tournament, so as to distinguish the old Unreal tutorials from the new UT ones.

Now I'm having second thoughts - maybe content categories would be more useful. Instead of General, Unreal, UT, Unreal2, UnrealWarfare, and so on I was thinking to organize by content and then have an icon next to it depicting it's target engine version. For example:

Weapons:
------------
Flamethrower (unreal)
Grenade Launcher (ut)
Minimizer (unreal2)

Which do you guys think would be better?

ca

CHiMERiC Grandmaster
Oct 11, 1999
www.unrealscript.com
It's going to be mainly the same deal, just with changes to a few of the major classes. At any rate, I plan to allow you to retrieve a list based on whatever you choose, so if you want weapon tutorials for unreal2 then that's what you'll get. Someday this site will be cool like that... :)