Infiltration's spiritual successor in development

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Apr 21, 2003
Europe
It is called "Ground Branch" and requires fan funding on their Kickstarter page.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/670743543/ground-branch

As a developer say, the main player versus player gamemode will be based on Infiltration's EAS principles, but also Terrorist Hunt, as known from the old Rainbow Six games, was confirmed.

Realism (proper weapon handling and movement) is a main focus.

Above all Beppo, the lead developer of Infiltration is associated with the project.

This is the next INF as we all waited for. If you want it, support them!

[screenshot]http://groundbranch.com/wp-content/gallery/screenshots/bfs_warehouseguys01.jpg[/screenshot]

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
Hate to say it, but I tried the demo. Was not impressed. So OLD feeling. If you want a new INF, Arma 3 is the way to go. We REALLY need modders for it. The graphics are there, it just needs to be made REALISTIC.

And the post you replied to is over 3 years old. The kickstarter failed.

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
The demo wasn't technically pretty and it focused more on character customization than mechanics and realism, but I think it had more INF in it than not.

Arma 3? Never!

So I was right because I did not financially support them.
Every man should know that after seven years of work game must be finish to play. Otherwise, something is wrong. lol Now, however, already aware that it was only collecting the money that you'll never see it again.On the other hand, it is a shame that this was happened. Yeah nothing. bastards are bastards

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
So I was right because I did not financially support them.
Every man should know that after seven years of work game must be finish to play. Otherwise, something is wrong. lol Now, however, already aware that it was only collecting the money that you'll never see it again.On the other hand, it is a shame that this was happened. Yeah nothing. bastards are bastards

I am not defending anyone's work rate (least of all my own) or soliciting contributions, but I can tell you that I am getting the beta builds and they are still very much working on it - essentially part time because the kickstarter failed, so it's going to take a while. How pretty it looks is for me about the least important thing about it IMHO if we're talking about something with the Infiltration ethos (but some of the map work, released after the tech demo, is very high quality, again IMHO).

If Inf appears in another guise in the meantime I'll be interested to check it out. If (hopefully) it's an Unreal Engine product then the map I am currently (re)making for Ground Branch can be repurposed for anything else (it is currently a vanilla UE4 level).

Anyway, good to still see people bumping around here from time to time :)

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
For me, Original INF is still the best FPS out there. It had the best maps and the most realistic weapons so far. That and the AI actually MOVED AROUND! Which is really SAD being an almost 20 year old engine! What has happened to FPS? I think the consoles are just killing PC gaming. That and the fact these new kids think all they need is a good GPU and the rest of their computer can be crap. Then they cry like crazy that their PC game runs like shit.

You had some good maps, Fat Marrow! Hope to see you again in an engine worthy of running INF!

Fat Marrow

Vegetable
Feb 27, 2002
London
discord.gg
For me, Original INF is still the best FPS out there. It had the best maps and the most realistic weapons so far. That and the AI actually MOVED AROUND! Which is really SAD being an almost 20 year old engine! What has happened to FPS? I think the consoles are just killing PC gaming. That and the fact these new kids think all they need is a good GPU and the rest of their computer can be crap. Then they cry like crazy that their PC game runs like shit.

You had some good maps, Fat Marrow! Hope to see you again in an engine worthy of running INF!

That's very kind of you to say. I agree re good graphics being an unworthy substitute for good gameplay (INF looked good enough to evoke a sense of being in a certain place, everything beyond that is just eye candy). Also it takes just so damn long to crank out a map these days because of the level of detail and quality required to not look, well, a bit shit. But if it's any consolation, there's a professional AI guy turning Ground Branch into his pet AI project, so if that all goes to plan there may be some good/interesting AI indeed (certainly not of the 'spawn enemies here when player goes here' variety).

Gatehouse was my first INF map as I got to grips (badly) with the editor, and so it is my first conversion attempt for Unreal Engine 4 (the Ground Branch engine). Been a few months and far from finished, but you may recognise rooms like this...

Zw6Ckhv.jpg