Scripting bots in unreal 3, Having issues Need help and Just Random Ideas

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

CaptainCheerios

Mar 1, 2008
Ok well ive been working on scripting bots in unreal 3, so that I can make a single player level.

I am trying to get the bots to drive vehicles.

I just want the bot to move to a path node, or well Just Move the vehicles.

The problem I have is that the Bots do not do this.

The bots will move to any node or position through the move to actor (latent) action.

Once they enter the vehicle they do nothing. I cannot get them to go to a path node.

Its a wide open map a 64x64 terrain so thats a 16384 x 16384 map. WIth nothing but the bot, vehicle and path nodes.

So any ideas?

Last edited:

CaptainCheerios

Mar 1, 2008
Ok, I spawn the bot using actory factory Ex. Then using the Move To Actor(latent) action i send the bot to the Scorpion Vehicle Factory object. Using the Enter Vehicle action the bot enters the vehicle.

I then tell the bot to go to a path node using move to actor (latent) and the bot just sits there.

I want the bot to go to the pathnode. What am i doing wrong? Here is a link to the level. Any ideas? http://cid-5d6818af1d2dadbb.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Public/dm-test.ut3

Just realize this is in the wrong thread.

Last edited: